Is this parking ticket fair and legal?

Perhaps you should sort Woodseats out.

What has Woodseats to do with this discussion and what makes you think that it would be my responsibility to "sort it out"?

No-one can sort Wooodseats out because the problem is that at busy times, there are too many vehicles for the capacity of the highway network. The only way to sort that out is to provide extra capacity in he highway network ie widen the roads and junctions or build a bypass. Which side of the shopping centre would you like to be flattened to widen the road?

By the way its not what you say its the way that you say it.

Perhaps you mistake the fact that I have access to the real facts and can present them here as arrogance. It is not, but you are entitled to your view.

What has Woodseats to do with this discussion and what makes you think that it would be my responsibility to "sort it out"?

No-one can sort Woodseats out because the problem is that at busy times, there are too many vehicles for the capacity of the highway network. The only way to sort that out is to provide extra capacity in he highway network ie widen the roads and junctions or build a bypass. Which side of the shopping centre would you like to be flattened to widen the road?

I really don't understand why people continue to moan about Woodseats. There is nothing that can be done that will change the fact that the road is to small for the number of cars that want to use it. Also the people who continue to moan never seem to be able to provide any viable / suitable solutions to the problem.

If I had to choose a side of the road to be demolished though i'd choose the one with Tesco / Asda / Iceland on it!

No-one can sort Wooodseats out because the problem is that at busy times, there are too many vehicles for the capacity of the highway network. The only way to sort that out is to provide extra capacity in he highway network ie widen the roads and junctions or build a bypass. Which side of the shopping centre would you like to be flattened to widen the road?

Perhaps you mistake the fact that I have access to the real facts and can present them here as arrogance. It is not, but you are entitled to your view.

One easy way of easing congestion is to get rid of the bus lane coming down from Meadowhead towards town , thus making it a duel carriageway all the way down the hill to the Abbey lane traffic lights. This would ease tailbacks which can stretch right the back up to Meadowhead roundabout at peak times , whilst at present there is an empty lane (bus lane) sitting idle which traffic could be using instead of having one lane of traffic whilst the lane next to them sits empty. This would be very cheap to do ,and would ease congestion . Surely if the council wants to ease congestion ,then they would have no objection to scrapping the bus lane there.

One easy way of easing congestion is to get rid of the bus lane coming down from Meadowhead towards town , thus making it a duel carriageway all the way down the hill to the Abbey lane traffic lights. This would ease tailbacks which can stretch right the back up to Meadowhead roundabout at peak times , whilst at present there is an empty lane (bus lane) sitting idle which traffic could be using instead of having one lane of traffic whilst the lane next to them sits empty. This would be very cheap to do ,and would ease congestion . Surely if the council wants to ease congestion ,then they would have no objection to scrapping the bus lane there.

but that wouldn't ease congestion really, it would just shorten the queue slightly and cause more hassle when people want to get into the correct lane. The congestion is caused in the shopping area, to solve any congestion issues this area would need to be tackled directly, not areas on the outer edge of the congested area.

Your suggestion would not do anything to solve the bottle neck that is woodseats, as they would still be the same number of cars trying to use the small area of road space thru woodseats.

Won't make any difference.

The delays are caused by lack of capacity at signalled junctions. Unless you add extra lanes at the junctions, ditching he bus lane means you will wait in 2 lanes, but it will still take you the same amount of time to get through that section of road.

Bus lanes end before signalled junctions, so all traffic gets to use all lanes anyway. That is the important point. It's the rate at which you get traffic across the stopline which governs network capacity. The bus lane just gets the bus further up the queue, it doesn't affect overall capacity or traffic throughput at the stopline.

Probably posting from St Albans, in response to your links.

Those poor St Albanese desperate for some council pleb to start fining them so they can think straighter and get less confused over signage,

They should adopt this method in schools - Dont understand the equation sir -

Well take a sixty quid fine home to your parents then lad.

Or we could of course explain better in the first place.

Got anything a little more relevant to the posters on here in response to the question requesting an example of your rhetoric ?