Anyone know about benefits when 50

Google "JSA".

To get JSA you have to be less than 65 if male 60 for a woman.

Over 60 you may be better off on pension credit.

After 6 months on JSA you will be asked to attend an interview with the aim of getting you back to work.

So it looks as if it won't stop at 50.

Google "JSA".

To get JSA you have to be less than 65 if male 60 for a woman.

Over 60 you may be better off on pension credit.

After 6 months on JSA you will be asked to attend an interview with the aim of getting you back to work.

So it looks as if it won't stop at 50.

But it will change to Income Based JSA from Contributions Based JSA after 26 weeks, and as his wife works, he won't qualify for benefit. He could still sign on for NI credits though.

we already get wtc but just wondered if we would get any benefit we don't get hb o ctb

As posted above, after 26 weeks, you'll not receive any money. You'd need to notify HMRC of the change as well so they can reassess your Tax Credits in the future.

in feb i will b 50 and my wife works 30hrs a week i have been getting contribution jsa since being laid off work in september , but i have been told that when i'm 50 i will stop getting this nand have to live off my wife as anyone been in this situation
There are no benefits to being 50.

But it will change to Income Based JSA from Contributions Based JSA after 26 weeks, and as his wife works, he won't qualify for benefit. He could still sign on for NI credits though.

That may be so but the OP asked if it will stop because he is 50.

The answer to that is no.

Archived