Terror test for London...

Geoff

London's ability to cope with a terrorist strike will be tested as a mock chemical attack is carried out on the Tube on Sunday. [...] The scenario acted out will be that of a chemical released on a busy train from Waterloo to Bank Tube station, in the heart of the City of London (more...)

This sends shivers down my spine. It just so happens that last night I watched the episode of Spooks which features a VX gas attack in London. It made me realise how such an event would quickly change all our lives. With close family and friends in London, I hope for their sakes (on ours) that London is indeed prepared if this ever happened :?

This terrorist threat will continue for years and probably decades, against travellers on aeroplanes, cruise ships, trains, (channel tunnel) city centres, conference buildings, undergrounds, airports, as they seek to destroy us by a war of attrition.

But this problem all started hundreds of years ago, when the crusades were being perpetrated against the so called barbarians.

And has carried on to the present day, finishing up as a terrorist campaign against the "Christian" west by the Muslims.

No one will be safe anymore in our lifetime and anyone travelling will be at risk and indeed at home in their town or city because Bin Laden and his cronies will not stop until they are dead.

Never thought I would say this, but I am glad that we live in Sheffield, because living here is a lesser threat than in the big Metropolis. Anyhow, I am living on borrowed time already, three score years and ten and all that, so I don't suppose it makes all that much difference to me.

Archived