Cheap meal wanted in town thursday 21st!

pdrnsf

Originally posted by nick2

Lloyds is not too bad, they also own the Bankers Draft, but I would steer clear of Yates, the last "meal" I had in there was terrible.

I am boycotting the Lloyds bar, because they had a dreadful attitude toward me and my friend, when we tried to get access via the wheelchair entrance last week.

they have a level entrance for wheelchair users, round the rear of the building, through the industrial bins....

there's a bell to ring, and, theoretically, you ring it, the staff hear it, and come and answere the door, and let you in.

We rang, and rang the bell, and banged on the door. we got no answer.

My mate and I were sat in our wheelchairs, outside there for fifteen minutes waiting for someone to answer the bell, and give us access.

When no-one arrived, we gave up waiting, and we left and went elsewhere.

I went back, later, to speak to the manager, and the attitude I got was poor.

I had to send someone in through the front door, (which has a huge flight of steps) a passer -by whom I buttonholed, and asked to go in and fetch a staff-member for me.

I explained to him that not only did it inconvenience my friend and I, as we are both diabetic, but it also lost the company money that we would have spent there, for our meal and drinks over the evening we would have spent in the place, but to boot, it shows a very poor (P**s poor, really) image of their customer care attitudes toward disabled customers.

All I got was "'smirk, smirk', Well, we know that the bell on the wheelchair entrance only works intermittently, 'smirk, smirk'!"

To which i explained that, under the DDA, if they had a history of the bell only working intermittently, and KNEW that the fault existed, then maintenance should have been called in, and the fault rectified. to which I got the response:-

"'Smirk, smirk, well, what can I say...? 'smirk, smirk'!"

On a more positive note, the response I got from the head office (yes, Lloyds and Wetherspoons are owned by the one parent company) was miles better.

When I called them the next morning, to relay this incident to them, they were horrified at the attitude and that I and my friend could not get access.

I am waiting for an official letter from the company's head office.

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

I am boycotting the Lloyds bar, because they had a dreadful attitude toward me and my friend, when we tried to get access via the wheelchair entrance last week.

they have a level entrance for wheelchair users, round the rear of the building, through the industrial bins....

there's a bell to ring, and, theoretically, you ring it, the staff hear it, and come and answere the door, and let you in.

We rang, and rang the bell, and banged on the door. we got no answer.

My mate and I were sat in our wheelchairs, outside there for fifteen minutes waiting for someone to answer the bell, and give us access.

When no-one arrived, we gave up waiting, and we left and went elsewhere.

I went back, later, to speak to the manager, and the attitude I got was poor.

I had to send someone in through the front door, (which has a huge flight of steps) a passer -by whom I buttonholed, and asked to go in and fetch a staff-member for me.

I explained to him that not only did it inconvenience my friend and I, as we are both diabetic, but it also lost the company money that we would have spent there, for our meal and drinks over the evening we would have spent in the place, but to boot, it shows a very poor (P**s poor, really) image of their customer care attitudes toward disabled customers.

All I got was "'smirk, smirk', Well, we know that the bell on the wheelchair entrance only works intermittently, 'smirk, smirk'!"

To which i explained that, under the DDA, if they had a history of the bell only working intermittently, and KNEW that the fault existed, then maintenance should have been called in, and the fault rectified. to which I got the response:-

"'Smirk, smirk, well, what can I say...? 'smirk, smirk'!"

On a more positive note, the response I got from the head office (yes, Lloyds and Wetherspoons are owned by the one parent company) was miles better.

When I called them the next morning, to relay this incident to them, they were horrified at the attitude and that I and my friend could not get access.

I am waiting for an official letter from the company's head office.

PT

That's terrible PT; let us know when you get a response! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kristian, Owdlad....

I am expecting that all I will recieve, will be a stock, pro forma letter saying "we are sorry to hear of your experience"

What I hope for, is that the head office will give them a "decent customer service" sized kick in the seat of their pants.....

But, certainly, as soon as I recieve any news, then I will post an update.

I am a bit annoyed, over what happened, and felt very insulted by the initial incidents, and certainly feel that their customer care is definitely lacking. (Speaking as someone who has Customer Service qualifications...)

PT

Archived