Balti Palace Curries

Dimitri 11

I was told at the weekend that the Balti Palace in Fir Vale/Firth Park (not sure what it's classed as) sells high quality curries. Has anybody else heard this or eaten from there (they sell burgers and chicken etc. but I am only interested in the curry/South Asian food), Cur

I would say it's relatively decent tbh.

If by relatively decent you mean not bad but not great then I totally agree. Had one and although it wasn't bad I was disappointed as my expectations were very high going on what I had heard. I wasn't too fussed e the Sikh (or Sheekh) kebabs as they tasted bit fatty and weren't spciy enough. The bhajis didn't have that much taste either although they were ok. The curry wasn't bad and had a bit of spice to it but again it wasn't flavoursome enough.

I wouldn't go back as I am within 'Mangla range'. Balti Palace doesn't live up the current Mangla dishes let alone when the M was in it's prime 5 or so years ago. Mangla is slightly cheaper too but the Balti Palace does serve burgers and donner kebabs etc. so if you are with someone who doesn't like curries that is one advantage.

I'll be in no rush to go back but it wasn't horrible and not somewhere I would completely avoid.

Archived