Cherry Tree, Carterknowle Rd: is it closed?

verona

They're opening again on Saturday - under new management. Ember Inn, no doubt!

I went past today. It was closed but not boarded up.

Ember Inns don't own the Cherry, it's another pub company, forgot the name but they'll just put some other poor soul in and rob them blind with the rent. I know I shouldn't say it, but I give the new tenants 6 months, they'll just not be able to make it pay with the high rent they get charged plus the extortionate prices they have to pay for the beer. Pub companys like the ones that own the Cherry, Millhouses ect are not breweries, they are greedy landlords who are not interested in selling beer, just collecting rent.

Ember Inns are all managed houses with the same concept, ie Robin Hood, Prince of Wales, Hare & Hounds. Hence they don't have tenants, they have managers who get a salary.

I believe it's Enterprise Inns

Well if it is, they'll have to close it for a massive refurb to make it the more or less the same as all the other Ember Inns around the area. I don't mind Ember Inns, it's always a nice atmosphere, the food is good value and the price of drinks aren't bad.

How do you know it's Ember Inns if you don't mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived