Cherry Tree, Carterknowle Rd: is it closed?

verona

I called in for a quicky after work last week and while the landlord was serving us his mobile rang. He preceeded to answer it and ignored us while he had his conversation!!!!!!

Dont they teach you anything about customer service.

Wont be going back in for a while.

I called in for a quicky after work last week and while the landlord was serving us his mobile rang. He preceeded to answer it and ignored us while he had his conversation!!!!!!

Dont they teach you anything about customer service.

Wont be going back in for a while.

Maybe the call was worth more than the 30p he was making on your 1 pint.

Maybe the call was worth more than the 30p he was making on your 1 pint.

its not the 30p he makes on that 1 pint, its the 30p he would make on subsequent pints he would sell you if you kept going back in, which the poster obviously won't. i hate bad service!

its not the 30p he makes on that 1 pint, its the 30p he would make on subsequent pints he would sell you if you kept going back in, which the poster obviously won't. i hate bad service!

Oh I agree, but people need to realise your pub landlord needs more than one pie to keep afloat. I wouldn't care personally for a 1 min wait.

• 1 month later...
Oh I agree, but people need to realise your pub landlord needs more than one pie to keep afloat. I wouldn't care personally for a 1 min wait.

My father and I must have been some of the first in the Cherry when it opened 40 odd years ago. Rumour had it , the landlords came on a push bike and left in a Rolls!! It was two rooms then, the characters were in 'tap room' side, had some good nights in there! Happy days, but haven't been in for years

• 3 months later...

Archived