Gatecrasher on a Friday night; who loves it?

coolbaby27

Originally posted by coolbaby27

GATECRASHER 1 is the place 2 be on a friday night if u have a good taste in music and good style!!

Its not though, is it? I mean really, its not. Is it? What about UG? My front room is better than Gatecrasher on a Friday! Even when theres no-one there and all the lights are off! And it smells of mouldy kebab!

thanks scott for the POSITIVE reply. its not full of underage ppl i no so many that go on a friday and none of them are under 18. The queues are so big cos its so popular and if there wasnt a dress code they'd be letting any old scum chavs in, and to be honest i feel a lot safer knowing that they r careful who they let in, unlike some places i could name. GATECRASHER 1 is the place 2 be on a friday night if u have a good taste in music and good style!!

In the nicest way possible, I suggest you leave this thread alone now. Otherwise you will end up getting a lot of abuse from people who have been going clubbing for years and don't appreciate being told where the best place to go is on any given night.

I do remember going to Republic on a Friday back in my first year (I was 21). Even at that young age I felt uncomfortably old in there. I don't know what it's like now, but I still would prefer to be somewhere that doesn't have such a young average age. Plus, even at 21 I had formed a musical taste that didn't involve the same cheesy/pop crap that was being churned out at every student night in the country.

wat a **** place................... the djs are crap for starters.... lee smith or sommit..... he cant mix for his life.....

the bouncers...are just a joke....... if they dont like the luck of you...... or you dont look like a student..... they will just say "not 2 night"

with the age thing... it is kinda all under18' ....... when i was 16 i use 2 go there no problems...... now iam 20 they try 2 id me.... or say not 2 night......jokers....

I Love Republic (Gatecrasher) on a friday night, altho it is expensive, so i tend 2 hav a few drinks somewhere else first! its great for dancing and having a good time, also ur bound 2 bump into someone you know (if ur from sheffield)

I dont really like Kingdom or leadmill because of the decoration inside, Gatecrasher is cool and funky.

thanks scott for the POSITIVE reply. its not full of underage ppl i no so many that go on a friday and none of them are under 18. The queues are so big cos its so popular and if there wasnt a dress code they'd be letting any old scum chavs in, and to be honest i feel a lot safer knowing that they r careful who they let in, unlike some places i could name. GATECRASHER 1 is the place 2 be on a friday night if u have a good taste in music and good style!!

I've been many times when it was Republic and Gatecrasher 1, and I can assure you there are plenty of underage people in there. Fact.

Originally posted by Agent ****

I've been many times when it was Republic and Gatecrasher 1, and I can assure you there are plenty of underage people in there. Fact.

Indeed.

Only time I go is for Hed Kandi with the gf and some mates. I'll be off to see Armand Van Helden v DJ Sneak next week as well - apart from that wouldn't go near the place - music policy is crap and the crowd aren't much better.

I used to think Reppo was the mutts nuts ,used to go every friday for a good while ,then i turned 18. I went every week for about year because i was underage and thought it sooo cool to be in a nightclub when i wasnt ment to be in there.The refurb brought in the high prices and dress code ,once not aloud in as i had trainers on ,then i stood there and watched as they let in kids with trainers on ,nobs.

Its full of fashion vitims ,with there diesel t-shirts mullet hair cuts suit jackets on with sweatbands or daft coloured bands on.It was underage when i went and my friends who went on friday (1st time in over a year)said it was still fairly bad for it.

So in the short cons *over priced

*Full of underage fashion victims

*Way too busy for my taste

*Music isnt my type (r'n'b isnt people like usher ect ,listen to 60's r n b for the real deal)

*Poor doorstaff

*15 mins to get served at the bar ,unless you have your tits hangin out

Pros* Fit birds.......thats the only plus going for it

Originally posted by Snakey_B

Its full of fashion vitims ,with there diesel t-shirts mullet hair cuts suit jackets on with sweatbands or daft coloured bands on.

I'm sick of seeing those, and those 70's style puffer jackets that everyone is buying from freshmans. 'Look I'm all cool', no you all look the same.

Originally posted by Snakey_B

Pros* Fit birds.......thats the only plus going for it

True....

Archived