Free Food At The South Sea

exhausted

Eckington boy

We lease The South Sea from a Pub Company called Trust Inns. They have about 900 pubs across the country, a relatively small amount compared to the likes of Punch and Enterprise.

We are members of Camra and thanks for telling us a bout the local ale scheme. We will be making inquiriesto see if it can work for us. We chose Blacksheep because it was the most popular one at another place I had and people seem to know the brand . We have also tried Bombadier, Adnams, Greenking IPA. WE are tied on beers from Trust and they had a limited range of cask beers in their portfolio hopefully this will change soon.

why not a nice local micro:)?, are you a member of the Locale ale scheme

It can be difficult to get local ale from the Pub Co's....most refuse to stock local ales on their standard beer list thinking customers prefer the better known National brands..

I am anxious that ALL quality local ales in each region SHOULD be available through the various Pub Co's to local pubs, because they tend to get pushed out of the Pub Co distribution schemes.......some local brewers cannot get their foot in the door with Pub Co's at all, so are totally reliant on free-houses and pubs with free lines to sell their local ales..Punch Taverns for example won't give us access to ANY local ales at the Dove unless they add them to their Finest cask special list, which does not happen very often...

..one day this monopoly will be ended!!!

Have you recently taken over the South Sea? Was in around 6 months ago (whilst waiting for a curry from Manzil's) and have to say it was dire (the pub, not the curry). No cask ale, and the place stank of damp. Needless to say, it was almost empty,apart from a wasted uni sports team in one corner.

Putting on a couple of real ales is definitely a move in the right direction,a nd you can't go wrong with free food! Good luck!

Have you recently taken over the South Sea? Was in around 6 months ago (whilst waiting for a curry from Manzil's) and have to say it was dire (the pub, not the curry). No cask ale, and the place stank of damp. Needless to say, it was almost empty,apart from a wasted uni sports team in one corner.

Putting on a couple of real ales is definitely a move in the right direction,a nd you can't go wrong with free food! Good luck!

that is my take on the pub too. i've even read about the team(s) it sponsors giving it the swerve too?

maybe time to give it a second chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, The south Seas is still open? Memories of seeing that place deserted 24/7 following the new management takeover and seemingly 'anti-student' policy from the new owners. Surprised it has managed to last this long.

south sea gotta be the naffest pub eva....

its not bad nowadays, the grub is ten times better than i remember it ever been and the staff seemed more friendly and dare i say it, cleaner! they are turning the place around, like a lot of the pubs in that area they are improving, which has to be a good thing.

Archived