Things that go bump in the night...SPOOKY

Ok, so last night I did have a few drinks. We had been out for a meal and stayed up late eating the Christmas chocolates and drinking a little port. We went to bed at about 12.30.

At about 4 am I woke up with a dry mouth and grabbed a drink of water.

I then became aware of noises all around the house. Knocking, creaking and what almost sounded like footsteps.

The alarm had not gone off and after a walk around I went to asleep again. The OH never blinked. This morning I mentioned the noises to him and he brushed it aside with a "It's like that all the time".

I am in the same house in daylight and it is totally silent. It is all a bit spooky to me.

Does this happen in anyone else's house.

No, just yours. By the way, whatever you do, don't look in the cellar.

I checked the cellar and it can't be that. Everyone down there was long dead and had had their legs chopped off. Nothing there that could explain the footsteps.

I checked the cellar and it can't be that. Everyone down there was long dead and had had their legs chopped off. Nothing there that could explain the footsteps.

Check the attick to see if his mother is up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRaYO3UZ7TE

Don't use the shower.

Just joking. Houses cool down at night. They often creek a bit.

We can hear it clearly when next door go up or down their stairs or use doors.

Also in the middle of the night if my 6 month old son wakes up for his dummy, I get up and when I open our bedroom door, I jump because it looks like someone stood there until my eyes re-adjust :)

Is it a detached house or a semi/terrace? We live in a semi and when our neighbours are walking around, it sometimes sounds as though it's in our house.

It is a detached house that has been extended over the years. It was probably a farm house at some time so we don't really have neighbours.

Ok, so last night I did have a few drinks. We had been out for a meal and stayed up late eating the Christmas chocolates and drinking a little port. We went to bed at about 12.30.

At about 4 am I woke up with a dry mouth and grabbed a drink of water.

I then became aware of noises all around the house. Knocking, creaking and what almost sounded like footsteps.

The alarm had not gone off and after a walk around I went to asleep again. The OH never blinked. This morning I mentioned the noises to him and he brushed it aside with a "It's like that all the time".

I am in the same house in daylight and it is totally silent. It is all a bit spooky to me.

Does this happen in anyone else's house.

STILL GOT CHOCCIES FROM CHRISTMAS!!! can't be trying hard enough :hihi:

Archived