Things that go bump in the night...SPOOKY

better you than me, have you tried putting a cross up in the room?

I'll spend a night in the room. I'm the ultimate sceptic with an open mind. Give me some evidence I can't explain rationally. I don't disbelieve in ghosts, I've just never experienced one.

better you than me, have you tried putting a cross up in the room?

I don't think I would have a problem stopping in the room if it wasn't for the smell. We have had friends stay here and no one has ever mentioned a problem, and until a few days ago I had never heard the noises.

Whatever is making the noises seems to know when someone is around because the sound stops before you get into the room. It is only the odour that remains.

have your tried the attick or the floor boards could be some sort of animal? i had squirels in my attick that i could hear running up and down, one might be dead somewhere

It had occured to me, but the room is on a gable end and the room extends into the roof space. ie the walls taper inwards. There are some slated areas at the sides but there is no access to them and I have no idea how anything other than a bird or a squirrel could get up there. It must be 12 feet above ground. If it were either of those I would expect to hear it in the day time rather than 3am.

Similarly there is no scope for anything under the floor, because there is nothing under the floor. The bedroom floorboards are the ceiling of the dining room below. The walls are solid stone with wattle used on internal walls. Again totally solid.

We are going out shortly. I hope whatever it is decides to go out as well and does not bother coming back.

Archived