Things that go bump in the night...SPOOKY

did it return last night foxylady??

Of course it did. :mad:

We had a late night and the damned thing started up at about 2.30. We went along quietly and then made a lot of noise in the room and you could hear something scrabbling behind the false wall. The security lights came on and we saw a large fox run across the courtyard. After that it was a quiet night.

Unfortunately this morning we found water leaking through the dining room ceiling. It appears that the fox got into the gap between the gable roof and the false wall. It has shifted some huge stone slabs from the roof and now the rain is coming in.

Men will be arriving this morning to sort it.

Hopefully this is the last night when we get disturbed.

And I know the irony here Foxy Lady and a fox. Ok line up for the jokes 1.2.3 go.....:hihi::hihi:

So you've got a fox then? I thought that's what it would be with the screaming! Barn Owls and mating/fighting cats also make eerie human sounding noises in the night. The scratting noise might be some mice. If you borrow a cat she'd soon sniff them out for you. The musk smell may also be the fox or mice.

Not that I haven't experienced my share of spooky incidents....:o

Of course it did. :mad:

We had a late night and the damned thing started up at about 2.30. We went along quietly and then made a lot of noise in the room and you could hear something scrabbling behind the false wall. The security lights came on and we saw a large fox run across the courtyard. After that it was a quiet night.

Unfortunately this morning we found water leaking through the dining room ceiling. It appears that the fox got into the gap between the gable roof and the false wall. It has shifted some huge stone slabs from the roof and now the rain is coming in.

Men will be arriving this morning to sort it.

Hopefully this is the last night when we get disturbed.

And I know the irony here Foxy Lady and a fox. Ok line up for the jokes 1.2.3 go.....:hihi::hihi:

oh no:( well at least you know your not being haunted :thumbsup:

they say that work being done on houses stirs up the spirits, so it could be that after you've had the work done on the house it may be worse:P

So you've got a fox then? I thought that's what it would be with the screaming! Barn Owls and mating/fighting cats also make eerie human sounding noises in the night. The scratting noise might be some mice. If you borrow a cat she'd soon sniff them out for you. The musk smell may also be the fox or mice.

Not that I haven't experienced my share of spooky incidents....:o

Oh yes. We have a fox. The men came today to try to repair the roof, but it is a bit more complicated as some very large stone slabs need fixing in place. They are coming back on Monday to sort it and have put a canvas over the hole. They also put pepper dust everywhere to keep the foxes away.

The good point is we learned something about the house. A lad went into the gap between the false wall and the roof and brought out a dead pigeon and a rabbit. There was also a load of old junk in there. He also uncovered a trap door that leads into an old oak cupboard in the dining room. It appears that the space may have been used as a sort of priest hole, where a person could hide.

Anyhow. Hopefully this is the end game. I am looking forward to a good nights sleep for a change.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh no:( well at least you know your not being haunted :thumbsup:

they say that work being done on houses stirs up the spirits, so it could be that after you've had the work done on the house it may be worse:P

Oh no please don't say that. I am fed up with the lack of sleep. I don't need anything else going wrong.

Oh yes. We have a fox. The men came today to try to repair the roof, but it is a bit more complicated as some very large stone slabs need fixing in place. They are coming back on Monday to sort it and have put a canvas over the hole. They also put pepper dust everywhere to keep the foxes away.

The good point is we learned something about the house. A lad went into the gap between the false wall and the roof and brought out a dead pigeon and a rabbit. There was also a load of old junk in there. He also uncovered a trap door that leads into an old oak cupboard in the dining room. It appears that the space may have been used as a sort of priest hole, where a person could hide.

Anyhow. Hopefully this is the end game. I am looking forward to a good nights sleep for a change.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wow how old is the house ?

may have to come and do the ghost hunt (other thread) at yours :D

Oooooh! A Priest hole, how cool! Do you live around here, because they're not very common at all east of the Pennines, as it wasn't a stronghold for Catholicism.

wow how old is the house ?

may have to come and do the ghost hunt (other thread) at yours :D

The house is a real mixed bag. The room in question is in the oldest part which I would think is around 400 years old. It has huge rubble walls with a limewash. The internal walls are wattle and daub. The rest of the house seems to have been added a bit at a time to no fixed plan. There are also a lot of outbuildings which have been modernised into garages and a "boys" retreat.

I think I will manage without the ghost hunt. I don't want anyone finding one.:hihi:

Archived