Things that go bump in the night...SPOOKY

I am always amazed by the noises I hear at night ones that during the day I wouldn't bat an eyelid at.

yeah the couple next door to us in the semi makes screaming/moaning type of sounds like she is changing into a werewolf at night. it only happens around 11:00 on most nights, sometimes twice in one night.

should i inform the local church?

Oh the sheer joy of life.

This morning I woke at 8.30 to the sound of bird song. The OH still out like a light after too much brandy.

I went out onto the landing and watched 2 squirrels on the garage roof and looked at an amazing half moon in the sky and a fast disappearing rainbow.

Downstairs my tame great tit was tapping on the window for a monkey nut.

Life doesn't get any better. What a difference a day makes.

I like to believe that 'walls have ears' and that over many years sound can get absorbed in the bricks and mortar of buildings. Whether that extends to a natural belief in ghosts, I don't know. But if sound gets 'stored' in these old buildings, then it only makes sense that these same sounds get 'released' at some later date.

Bricks and mortar store and release sound?

That's even sillier than believing in ghosts!

Nothing sillier than saying it is silly to believe in something, that is actually true!:rolleyes:

I am probably an agnostic on this one. I like to think that I don't believe in ghosts...BUT... there are some very spooky places where I would not want to be on my own. I don't like to tempt these things.

I was very pleased that "our ghost" turned out to have a simple explanation. I have never felt anything but warmth about the house. I have been in other houses where I have felt uneasy.

There are things in this world that we do not understand. I would not ridicule anyone who said they had seen a ghost. I am however quite happy that I am not one of them.

Archived