Quality Home Cooked Food with Daily Specials at The York

goldenfleece

Hi sorry if I am hijacking this thread of yours Goldenfleece. Thought it would make a nice change for someone to hijack yours as apposed to you taking over every thread remotely mentioning a pub. The offer at the South Sea is a genuine offer as a thankyou for the customers that have supported over the the last difficult 12 months and a warm welcome to new customers. How you can suggest that this is 'trying too hard' is beyond me.This is a short term offer till our new carvery is up and running.This is not meant to be a big advert for the South Sea just the facts about the free offer. For someone like yourself who has been in the trade for such a short time it is becoming a little tiresome to read about how everyone else in the licenced trade is doing it wrong, and how we should all be following the Goldenfleece model. Hope you think about this post and concentrate on making the York a success and stop telling every one else what they are doing wrong.

Thank you Hunky Dory > At last someone has dared to speak out against the 'Self Proclaimed King Of Cask Ale and Consciousness Etching'

Thank you Hunky Dory > At last someone has dared to speak out against the 'Self Proclaimed King Of Cask Ale and Conciousness Etchting' (

Strikes me the representation of other pubs on here has increased in the wake of GFs postings so

a. pot, kettle etc

b. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the Carvery at the South Sea at the weekend at £4.95its excellent value. Check this out! Beef and/or Turkey, boiled and roast pots, cabbage sprouts, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, roast parsnips, carrots and broccoli. Dont forget the yorkshre pud!

They might need to get some bigger plates!!

At £3.95 during the week i can see myself becoming a regular visitor

Had some soup at The york last week. It was nice enough, but the chef put about 8 million croutons in it which spoiled it a bit. A few croutons is all you need!

Not a problem, if you had mentioned it, we would have replaced it immediately for you with a 'less croutoned' version.....I think someone the same day had asked for soup with plenty of them, so I think we will have to check with each order on the extent of the 'extras'...

Archived