Suggestions for future camp meets.

mojo1

What kind of gubbins did they have?... theres a few bits n bobs I could do with replacing.

A whole manner of things ranging from tents (wouldnt touch em as they would probably fall to pieces), sleeping bags, air beds and pumps, self inflating air beds, camp chairs, picnic tables, lanterns, head torch type things, cooking stoves, pots and pans and all the rest of it.

A whole manner of things ranging from tents (wouldnt touch em as they would probably fall to pieces), sleeping bags, air beds and pumps, self inflating air beds, camp chairs, picnic tables, lanterns, head torch type things, cooking stoves, pots and pans and all the rest of it.

only laid on an air bed once and i was rolling off it:hihi:, wouldnt use them again, sleeping bags yes. Theres some 'tunnel' type tents on ebay that look ok, whether they are is another matter.

only laid on an air bed once and i was rolling off it:hihi:, wouldnt use them again, sleeping bags yes. Theres some 'tunnel' type tents on ebay that look ok, whether they are is another matter.

I am not a fan of air beds, you only need a inflating mat and a sleeping bag ontop of that, or you can buy both combined together, which I have and its very warm.

Decathlon at the bottom of the moor is a great place for camping stuff, although I might have a walk into wilkinsons.

Tents, if its for 1 person, always buy one which is for 2/3 people, you will have alot more room in it. :)

I am not a fan of air beds, you only need a inflating mat and a sleeping bag ontop of that, or you can buy both combined together, which I have and its very warm.

Decathlon at the bottom of the moor is a great place for camping stuff, although I might have a walk into wilkinsons.

Tents, if its for 1 person, always buy one which is for 2/3 people, you will have alot more room in it. :)

I saw these type, not sure if there good or not , you more experienced folk may know more:D:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gelert-Lokon-4-berth-person-Family-Tunnel-Tent-2007_W0QQitemZ300294826725QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN?hash=item300294826725&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1700|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Thats a big one, if its just for 1 person then this is better, it takes 5 mins to put up, peg down etc etc.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/2-seconds-iii-blue-67842937/#

Its a different story putting it back together again, but thats the fun of camping.

Thats a big one, if its just for 1 person then this is better, it takes 5 mins to put up, peg down etc etc.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/2-seconds-iii-blue-67842937/#

Its a different story putting it back together again, but thats the fun of camping.

Oh yeah just saw that 1 and thought itd be spacious. That 1 you show says comfortable for 2 so thatd probs be ideal:)

To all you camping peeps. Just endured Wilkos and discovered some snazzy and useful equipment which is very reasonably priced. Might be worth looking into if you want some bits and bobs before the big outing.

I called in the Rotherham one yesterday and got a few bits. I needed an airbed pump. Stoves and butane were quite cheap... might finally invest in one although i like the going out for meals aspect.

Also I bought one of those solar posts for £3, thought it might be handy for going back to my tent late at night and avoiding the guide ropes.

Id really love to try camping, dont have any gear or anything, is it just a case bring a tent?:D:)

If you fancy trying the camping before purchasing a load of gear, I have pretty much a complete spare set, including one of the aforementioned pop-up tents, I could bring along for you to try..

I called in the Rotherham one yesterday and got a few bits. I needed an airbed pump.

Check at Jet garages, I got a tyre pump that fits in the car cig lighter for about a fiver with some petrol, and it's got different nozzles for bike tyres, etc. It's tops for airbeds!

Archived