Suggestions for future camp meets.

mojo1

Another suggestion would be to find a decent site that allows fires. I know we have looked into this before, but I would love for us to be able to sit around a decent fire in an evening. Anyone know of any sites that allows fires?

bobby bees in hummanby have firebaskets to hire. Every night he comes round on his truck with fire baskets and wood to see who wants one.

I'm a member, Mojo is right, in that for group camping like ours have been, they'd throw us off after an hour.. they arent big on noise, tend to enforce curfews, etc..

However, it does let you access a number of exclusive sites.. I usually stay on a couple up in Scotland, and for a quiet get away they are great.. Ive not found them to be any more or less expensive than any other site..

Okie dokie. Rather than being beneficial for the group, maybe it's something I can look at for myself then.

Cheers for that guys.

My sister used a site at Fraisthorpe which is a few steps away from the sea. It's a really nice quiet spot - although I don't know what the pub facilities are like.

That's settled then, me and thee can stay in the hotel and watch them struggle with tents :D

Mardy bum:P Haddock and moi enjoyed a few camping trips together, and with friends, last year-it was fun, and if I can manage to erect a tent, anyone can!

The word "erect" makes me giggle though, I still haven't got over that:hihi:

golden sands caravan park ( near ripley/alfreton - junction 28 m1 )has plenty of space for camping and we had fires on there too

they also have electrical hook up points

( im annoying i know but can only go to sites with electric hook up due to my wee girls medical equipment )

oh and they have a hot tub you can rent for a tenner an hour, wonder how many forummers it will hold :)

• 1 month later...

Lots of good suggestions here, but not many sites mentioned. Anyhow, I am proposing we have a meet down in the New Forest mid to late summer. Again, we can hire a van and enjoy a 3 or 4 dayer there with a couple of trips to the south coast thrown in. Depending on the number, we could get everyone in the van along with equipment. Would be a damn site cheaper than going down in individual cars etc.

Archived