Suggestions for future camp meets.

mojo1

fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/pictures.html

sorry i cant post full link, as its my first post and visit to this site

try here, i used to camp alot, but not for about 10 years,

its in edale, which gives you good pubs ( kid friendly ) afew miles walk to castleton, or hope valley handgliding and the rest, frequent cheap train service afew mins to camp site

have a look

Id really love to try camping, dont have any gear or anything, is it just a case bring a tent?:D:)

Depending on the time of year you don't need much more than a tent, a roll mat and a sleeping bag plus whatever you'd normally need for a weekend.

Loo roll and wet wipes always come in handy, but usually between us we can cater for anything else you'd need for a first time trip rather than you forking out money for the gear. The early and late season meets require a little bit more, but if you fancy coming along on one of those we can let you know what you'll need.

Try it and see what you think:)

Depending on the time of year you don't need much more than a tent, a roll mat and a sleeping bag plus whatever you'd normally need for a weekend.

Loo roll and wet wipes always come in handy, but usually between us we can cater for anything else you'd need for a first time trip rather than you forking out money for the gear. The early and late season meets require a little bit more, but if you fancy coming along on one of those we can let you know what you'll need.

Try it and see what you think:)

Oh right , thought about say a kettle gas hob etc. Ive often wondered about camping holidays, even say in blackpool but only really ever been in guest house, caravan etc. thanks for help.:)

Would it be possible to have camp meet that is adults only, in the same way as pub meets are?

I ask this as I was going to attend one last year but I didn't as I found out that there would be kids present.

I take my kids away a couple of times a year but as I'm a single parent I occasionally need some space.

I would prefer a meet where I can be away from kids, mine or not. As a responsible adult, I do not wish to completely inhibit my behaviour because someone else's children are in the immediate group.

Thanks

Oh right , thought about say a kettle gas hob etc. Ive often wondered about camping holidays, even say in blackpool but only really ever been in guest house, caravan etc. thanks for help.:)

If your planning on heading out alone a small stove and a kettle are a must, if you come with the group there a few dotted round already...

... I CAN'T go without coffee first thing.:hihi::hihi:

Archived