Anyone been to gordon ramseys restaurants?

zante1

hi,has anyone on the forum ever been for a meal at any of gordon ramseys restaurants?im wanting to book a table there for a wedding present for my cousin.just wondered if anyone had any info,i.e-food quality,best restaurant,prices etc.thanks.nick

Yes I have, me and the Mrs went to the Boxwood Cafe in Knightsbridge a few years ago and it was fantastic, food was delicious and the atmosphere was great, it's a classy place but relaxed, 2 cocktails, 3 courses, wine and service charge and it came to £150

http://www.gordonramsay.com/boxwoodcafe/

I'd love to try Maze it's meant to be fantastic, we tried to get in last November when we were in London but the times available didn't suit, the best times get booked up really quickly

Yes I have, me and the Mrs went to the Boxwood Cafe in Knightsbridge a few years ago and it was fantastic, food was delicious and the atmosphere was great, it's a classy place but relaxed, 2 cocktails, 3 courses, wine and service charge and it came to £150

http://www.gordonramsay.com/boxwoodcafe/

I'd love to try Maze it's meant to be fantastic, we tried to get in last November when we were in London but the times available didn't suit, the best times get booked up really quickly

Would second the Boxwood,beside the fantastic food what appealed to me was the service,brill.

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea. It didn't disappoint, one of my best dining experiences ever. Service was a level above any of the other Michelin starred restaurants I've been to, which I would probably attribute to the maitre d' Jean-Claude Breton. I always compare a maitre d' to him now.

It's quite small so availability is limited and you had to book a month or so in advance when I went a few years back.

It's his flagship and one of only 3 restaurants in the country to have 3 Michelin stars so food quality should be the best in the country.

Not cheap but then you get what you pay for. You're looking at £90 per head for the 3 course a la carte menu or £118 for the 7 course taster menu.

Worthy of note is a formal dress code, which you don't see that often these days.

mogwai84 - I went to Fifteen last year and loved it. Didn't have very high expectations tbh but was proven wrong and left impressed.

I've been to Petrus which was fantastic. The food is very high standard and like Gordon Ramsay at Hospital Road, it's quite formal. I've also been to The Savoy a few times. The food's a little cheaper and it's more relaxed.

Angela Hartnett's new Italian place has received some stunning reviews. If your cousin likes Italian, try there.

Hi, me and my partner went to claridges in sept and it was brill, the service was exellent and the food fantastic i enjoyed every min of it, and although yes it it is more expensive than your average resturant it was lovely and would definatly go again, however i have heard that Maze is supposed to be better

Archived