Where did Pearl Street go

I see quite a few SF members went to Greystones sec mod. I went there from 1956-60. a lot of the people in my class came from Pearl st or the area around there. Some names from my class, Brian Boulby, Barry Barnes, Tony Ping, Elaine Gilling, Sylvia Longbottom, Sylvia Bolton, Barbara Fletcher. Elaine Gibbs. The twins Ann and Carol ? Many more.......if I really rack my old brain, reckon more would spring to mind. I do remember all the teachers though..............probably as I hated scholl!!!!

Anyone remeber the Cowlings who lived on Mackensie Street and Ailmores who lived on Langdon st?

I remember lots of these names as I also went to Greystones Sylvia Longbottom, she lives at Meadowhead area now was my friend also her sister Ann, Sylvia Bolton was my friend Valerie Firth's cousin. Can you remember Janet Whiting as she is also on this forum, my names was Vera Hardwick my cousin is Judy Milner.

hello, rita sorry to reply ,i dont know pearl st at all, but ido know both your brothers very well/ i worked at williams bros/ in the 60s , with roy and ray, roy was transport manager ray a driver / both very nice lads , and i hope they are both well, send them my regards! best wishes roy.

I lived in Pearl street from 1935 -1961, i was born there .i went to St Matthias School , i was then Rita Ford,have 2 brothers ,Roy & Raymond ,also a sister ,margaret , we lived at No 67,above ,Cliff street.

Hi Rita There was a Margaret in my class at Sharrow Lane.I wonder if she was your sister? I sat at the same table as her in the infant class.

Edited by eileent
mistake

• 5 years later...
On 27/08/2011 at 21:12, neilf said:

I know its a long shot, but does anyone remember Horace and Doris Yates, they had Daughters Christine and Jennifer. Also Mr and Mrs Turner had Daughters Pat Joyce and Elaine. Late 50s early 60s. Thanks Penny.

Hello there - my name is/was Elaine Turner and I am intrigued to know who you are.  I realise that this is a response from 10 years ago but I would love to hear from you. You