[SOLD] Any good pubs in Sheffield?

Guest Guest

I'm terrible on road names. As you head down West Street it's the road that cuts down the side of Devonshire green (they're in the process of building new flats on the right side of this road), on the skate park side. This road reaches the debenams duel carrigeway at the bottom. The Washington is on the laft about half way down the raod on the corner of the junction of the road that the Devonshire Cat is on.! Hope this makes sense. Also, went in the new revamped nottingham house and , eugh, way too bright, loads of sspace for standing, ie less seats and worst of all, they've got rid of the table footie, another bad pub change to go on my grumpy list.

You don't want to go near any pub that has been "Firked". Good pubs in Sheffield? Well it isn't really a pub but Hanrahans Wine bar on Glossop Road is very nice and the bar staff are generally pretty damn good looking and friendly. Legend has it that that this is the setting for the Human League's "Don't You Want Me Baby", although Phil Oakley denies this.

Aside from that the studenty pub a few mtres up the road do very nice meals. Other than that the Barracks down in Hillsborough is a good real ale pub and their is more talent down "The Deep End" (also Hillsborough) on a Sunday afternoon than you can shake a stick at. RSVP in the town centre opposite Barkers Pool is also good for totty watching.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived