Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week

looks like you were wrong then :huh:

I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week.

Misquoted? Perhaps you should lunch with someone else after watching this:

Patnick on TV

Sign here to strip him of his dodgy knighthood:

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/...5&HPID=4426015

• 3 months later...
Well he is now !...
He sure is - and I don't think many tears will be shed. I always remember what the Conservative Councillor Lily Graham [1895-1998] told me in the 1970s: "Patnick's only interested in Patnick". Couldn't put it better myself. His dad was all right though - old Aaron Patnick of the Langsett Road Junkarama.

Archived