Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

Originally posted by deelightful3

i used to know irvine patnick when i was a small girl in the late 60s my mum used to clean the offices for himself and his brother,it was on shales moor next to a pub i forget the name of.

the pub was th mosely,irvine and his brother phillip had a buildng company at shalesmoor,my father worked for them both for a lot of yrs,when irvine went into politics,phillip had a junk shop on abbeydale rd,the junkerama at pagehall belonged to another brother i believe.

Originally posted by Mo

Funny that his entreprenureal (sic ?) prowess makes no mention of his junk shop connection. :D

You post that as though being in the secondhand business is somehow shameful?

However, I don't think Irvine ever actually worked in the business. His father was the orginal, Philip opened Junkerama. Irvine worked for Eversure Textiles in the seventies when he was still a SC Councillor, before he scaled the dizzy heights to Parliament :D... and I know this, how?

I used to work there too.

ps I don't think "sic" is shorthand for "is my spelling correct" :D

• 1 month later...

Edward the youngest brother is the owner and has run Patnick's Junkerama for many years since his father Aaron retired .Phillip , a true gent and wit ,helps out .Sir Irvine is still alive and well but retired from active politics .

abi.

Archived