Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

Irvine was on Look North last Thursday (11 Jan), speaking but also shown mowing his garden lawn. He, and some of his family, have been educated at High Storrs School.

He lives in the old looking house across from Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet at the side of the woods.

is it true that he was responsible for the headlines 'the truth' that appeared in the sun newspaper back in 1989 following the hillsborough disaster.

y'know about the fans robbing and urinating on the dead and beating up cops.

i hear mackenzie has name patnick as his source for these headlines now.

i hope he does read this thread and put the 'story' straight so to speak.

I can't agree more that Philip is a wit and a gentleman. Known him for a long, long time and he always makes me laugh. He is now an expert on Koi carp and gardening and I have spent many a happy afternoon roaming Sheffield and Derbyshire with him on the lookout for new fish and plants plus the odd beverage. Both he and Edward have recently retired from the antiques/junk game and I know the other stallholders down at Setts MArket will miss them very much.

I also taught his brother Irvine when he enrolled on one of my ICT classes and I can say that Irvine is not only a gentleman too but a very interesting chap all round.

Irvine was on Look North last Thursday (11 Jan), speaking but also shown mowing his garden lawn. He, and some of his family, have been educated at High Storrs School.

Yes I saw this too. Perhaps we should start a bring back Sir Irvine campagne.:D

He lives in the old looking house across from Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet at the side of the woods.

Ah that would explain a lot. If it is the house I am thinking of it always has lots of 'Vote Conservative' posters on it around May (local elections) every year. It is noticable when you go past on the bus as most other houses around there seem to be Lib Dem. (Oh how times have changed).

• 2 years later...
... The deaths index shows that Israel Patnick, born 3 July 1899, died in the first quarter of 1978, while Aaron Patnick, born 21 October 1897, died in the last quarter of 1979. In the birth indexes I easily found Israel (born in Sheffield) but Aaron is not to be found - so perhaps Aaron was born just before the family emigrated, and Israel soon after their arrival in Sheffield. But for some reason they are not to be found in the 1901 census return......

The Patnicks and Lapatnicks (are they related?) of Sheffield have cropped up again on a recent thread. The reason why Aaron cannot be found in the online index to the 1901 census is that the family name was misread as Patrick - see post #2 on this thread: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=462430

• 1 year later...

Archived