Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

There's a lot of people who wouldn't mind having a chat with Irvine Patnick about his infamous contribution to the despicable pack of lies article in 'the sun' following the Hillsborough disaster. Utter filth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Patnick

guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jul/07/pressandpublishing.football1

There's a lot of people who wouldn't mind having a chat with Irvine Patnick about his infamous contribution to the despicable pack of lies article in 'the sun' following the Hillsborough disaster. Utter filth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Patnick

guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jul/07/pressandpublishing.football1

I have never read the sun from that day on will not have it in the house.

What did he say/?

Oh please, please don't bring that terrible disaster up again ... it always ends in tears and the mods closing whatever thread it's mentioned on. People have always had their own opinions.

Not on Sheffield Forum, we aren't. It appears you're only allowed to sing from one hymn sheet about this particular incident.

Sorry i don,t know any thing about this mods situation'

A forum is about trying to be truthfull [ as you remember it anyway].

And not getting personal with anyone int it!

I have never read the sun from that day on will not have it in the house.

What did he say/?

Well it's pretty much all in those links. Old Irvine Patnick and a high-ranked police officer were the sources behind the article.

Picture here: 4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qm2i8mXTjhs/S7XOTrSmqrI/AAAAAAAAChw/ILbuSmCxSzU/s1600/Hillsborough_disaster_Sun.jpg

The whole disaster was caught on cctv but the police said the camera was broken. This proved to be untrue in a subsequent enquiry but when asked to produce the tape the police then said it had been 'stolen'.

The whole disaster was caught on cctv but the police said the camera was broken. This proved to be untrue in a subsequent enquiry but when asked to produce the tape the police then said it had been 'stolen'.

The 'theft' of the tape was a crime that was never investigated, funnily enough.

The 'theft' of the tape was a crime that was never investigated, funnily enough.

Aye mate, strange that!

Wiki: Patnick was one of the sources for The Sun newspaper's notorious coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. Sun editor Kelvin Mackenzie later said of his coverage "It was a fundamental mistake. The mistake was I believed what an MP said."[2]

Patnick is on the Right-wing of the Conservative Party. He was against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, voted to reintroduce the death penalty, strongly supported Section 28 and, in a similar vein, opposed reducing the age of consent for homosexuals.

Sounds like a lovely chap...

Aye mate, strange that!

Wiki: Patnick was one of the sources for The Sun newspaper's notorious coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. Sun editor Kelvin Mackenzie later said of his coverage "It was a fundamental mistake. The mistake was I believed what an MP said."[2]

Patnick is on the Right-wing of the Conservative Party. He was against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, voted to reintroduce the death penalty, strongly supported Section 28 and, in a similar vein, opposed reducing the age of consent for homosexuals.

Sounds like a lovely chap...

Sounds like the same old ruling classes and funny hand shake mob.

Archived