Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Perhaps Mr Patnick might grace us with his presence and explain why he chipped in with such hideous lies? Was he by any chance in the police chief's pocket?

I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week

• 3 weeks later...
I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week

When you next see him please inform him that I still take a very dim view of his late father's sales tactics, in respect of him miss describing the virtues of the pram wheels that he sold me. They turned out to be the wrong size entirely, and prohibited me breaking the world land speed trolly championship.

:hihi:

When you next see him please inform him that I still take a very dim view of his late father's sales tactics, in respect of him miss describing the virtues of the pram wheels that he sold me. They turned out to be the wrong size entirely, and prohibited me breaking the world land speed trolly championship.

:hihi:

I certainly will mention it and do my best to get you a refund!

I certainly will mention it and do my best to get you a refund!

To my best knowledge I think that the cost was between one shilling and sixpence and two shillings. Working on my inflation tables Irvine now owes me the sum of £5,000,000, however these new Tesco specs may require some running in. ;)

• 4 months later...

If what you say is true here's an opportunity for irvine patnick's name to be cleared- sign the petition and find out exactly what he did say:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19350

Petition to force the Sun newspaper to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources and documents

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

Full disclosure by the Sun Newspaper to the Hillsborough independant panel of all it's records, including sources and documents relating to the 'The Truth' story published on 19/04/1989

Archived