Strange caller to door last night - Heeley area

There is an element of gender selection in the survey, as they want the respondents to reflect the population mix.

However, the surveyor should have shown their identification and information about the survey which includes contact telephone numbers (including a freephone/out-of-hours number).

The surveyor should not have been out late (the OP says "last night") enough to worry householders.

Did the caller show ID?

What time was it?

If you still have any real concerns call the police and/or the Council Officer responsible on 273 6669.

Why do they insist on obtaining their information in this way? It's the same with banks calling up and asking you to confirm details, it just provides a legitimate cover story for the conmen. Many people would never give information out either way, so it's a total waste of their time.

feel better knowing it's genuine thanks as i do live on my own. An email or letter would of been better.

Even though the caller did show id it was dark (about half 6ish which i know isn't late but still) and the street lights on my street aren't that great ( see i'm female and have an opinion ):D

Well done Sheffield City Council! Now every conman in the city knows that all he needs to gain entry to a vulnerable person's house is to knock out a fake ID badge when few people would know what a genuine one looks like anyway./QUOTE]

I will just dig out my clipboard and put my library card in a plastic wallet, that's my evening sorted. :mad:

I work for the council and they would never ask for a male to take part in a survey, someone knows they are doing these surveys and are taking advantage. bogus callers. contact police and local housing office. they will make sure police or pcso are in the area and wardens.

I work for the council and they would never ask for a male to take part in a survey, someone knows they are doing these surveys and are taking advantage. bogus callers. contact police and local housing office. they will make sure police or pcso are in the area and wardens.

What rubbish.

The OP has confirmed that she has seen ID and the Council has confirmed that the survey does require a gender balance and will have given gender quotas to their surveyors.

What rubbish.

The OP has confirmed that she has seen ID and the Council has confirmed that the survey does require a gender balance and will have given gender quotas to their surveyors.

do appologise didnt read the notice correct. but better to be safe than sorry. like other people have said they have had bogus callers b4. i dont trust anyone knocking on my door. :suspect:

Archived