£50 for an apartment!

em1977

Allow me to introduce myself!! I am the Architect of the scheme and I am logged in on someone elses thingy so please bear with me...

Here goes:

1. This is not a scam

2. All flats are generally 'sold' as 'leasehold' and once the lease is up on a residential property the 'landlord' has to renew the lease at the current market rate. For example the annual ground rent on these apartments is around £100pa and in 2113 when the 'lease' is up it may be renewed at say £250 pa...or whatever the 'market rate' is

3. I own a flat and currently rent it out for £500 pcm..I paid quite alot for it too!

4. I have bought a ticket too and hope to win!

5. Of the £180,000- £20,000 goes to charity. The flat is fully furnished. The ground rent and management charge is all paid up. As are the legal fees.

6. You can sell the 'lease' if you win and I would guess the flats will be worth c£120,000.

7. You can rent the flat to who ever you like! £6000 PA rent would change most peoples lives.

8. The developer is an ex-solicitor who is still a member of the law society so this is legal and above board.

9. It is not a raffle, its a quiz.

10. If they dont get enough entries we all get chance to win the dough..

As for being idiots and one born every minute I would suggest that for the price of a night out / pair of jeans / 5 CD's you could win something that would change your life and your childrens lives....its better odds than the lottery and millions play that (I dont actually as the odds are 1:14,00,000)

BUY A TICKET AND DONT BE AN IDIOT!

Allow me to introduce myself!! I am the Architect of the scheme and I am logged in on someone elses thingy so please bear with me...

Here goes:

1. This is not a scam

2. All flats are generally 'sold' as 'leasehold' and once the lease is up on a residential property the 'landlord' has to renew the lease at the current market rate. For example the annual ground rent on these apartments is around £100pa and in 2113 when the 'lease' is up it may be renewed at say £250 pa...or whatever the 'market rate' is

3. I own a flat and currently rent it out for £500 pcm..I paid quite alot for it too!

4. I have bought a ticket too and hope to win!

5. Of the £180,000- £20,000 goes to charity. The flat is fully furnished. The ground rent and management charge is all paid up. As are the legal fees.

6. You can sell the 'lease' if you win and I would guess the flats will be worth c£120,000.

7. You can rent the flat to who ever you like! £6000 PA rent would change most peoples lives.

8. The developer is an ex-solicitor who is still a member of the law society so this is legal and above board.

9. It is not a raffle, its a quiz.

10. If they dont get enough entries we all get chance to win the dough..

As for being idiots and one born every minute I would suggest that for the price of a night out / pair of jeans / 5 CD's you could win something that would change your life and your childrens lives....its better odds than the lottery and millions play that (I dont actually as the odds are 1:14,00,000)

BUY A TICKET AND DONT BE AN IDIOT!

These flats are not worth £120,000, more like £85,000-90,000. They will not get £500 a month rent, probably £375-400.

Lets be frank - the development is not selling. This is another way to generate interest in the flats. Everyone who buys a ticket will have to give their details. When the winner (if this ever happens) is announced those who don't win will get an e-mail - along the lines of 'so sorry you haven't won but you can buy another apartment for the special price of £100,000 and we will pay your deposit.'

So lets stop this 'we want to support the Childrens Hospital' line because they don't. They have a block of flats they can't sell and are bricking it.

These flats are not worth £120,000, more like £85,000-90,000. They will not get £500 a month rent, probably £375-400.

Lets be frank - the development is not selling. This is another way to generate interest in the flats. Everyone who buys a ticket will have to give their details. When the winner (if this ever happens) is announced those who don't win will get an e-mail - along the lines of 'so sorry you haven't won but you can buy another apartment for the special price of £100,000 and we will pay your deposit.'

So lets stop this 'we want to support the Childrens Hospital' line because they don't. They have a block of flats they can't sell and are bricking it.

It's still a good deal but for some reason you and others resent it presumably because they can't afford to risk £50.

If the Childrens Hospital ends up with more money than it had when it started how can there be anything wrong with that regardless of how it was raised? The guy operating the scheme is quite open about it all.

One of the "rules" of doing this kind of raffell/quiz is having a charity involved. Weather or not the developer would have donated anyway is up to him, but I reckon odds are he would have.

Nothing wrong with being imaginative with your advertising and creating interest and as regards "bricking it", most people in business right now are doing whatever it takes to keep ticking over.

Either way I cannot understand why you seem so irate about the whole thing, just DONT BUY A TICKET! Simple as that.

Great point. I'm not getting irate, if you want to buy a ticket then go ahead. You'll probably get put on a special mailing list and get offered 10 magic beans next week.

If you want to support the Children's Hospital then send £50 to the Children's Hospital. Of the £50 you spend on the raffle, only £5.56 goes to the Children's Hospital.

I don't like the idea of using the Children's Hospital as a way of selling flats that nobody wants to buy. As for the costs, it is wrong to claim 120K for it as it is not worth it.

Cant you read that person said they own one of the apartments already and IS RENTING IT OUT AT £500!!!!

Unless you are an estate agent or own one of these apartments already i dont see how you can comment on what they are worth.

Archived