£50 for an apartment!

em1977

All profits after expense paid for the gig everything when to charity U2 DIDNT make a penny, please dont tanish such a good cause compare to your 40% comission,

the celebs didnt make a penny, it cost thousands to make a TV program and celeabs going on who wants to be a millionaire are already on BBC/ITV payroll so ut is free ,

but this raffle the admin is taking a £80,000 cut for doing very little or 40% which is a complete joke,

Can all brain dead people please form a line to buy the ticket after giro day

It would be easier to have this discussion if you didn't make out that those who disagree with you were idiots or brain dead. I am neither of those things and I personally think this raffle is a good idea for the reasons stated. You don't have to buy a ticket if you don't want but if I win, you along with all the other cynics on this thread are invited to the party there and we can discuss it further after I've finished laughing

I think this thread is just getting ridiculous now. I don't have any interest in the company or any related to them but just wanted to draw people's attention to something which I personally thought was a good idea and wanted to share with others. Obviously for it to work, it needs publicity and people talking about it. I've no idea if all 3600 tickets will go but I am still going to take the chance. I fully understand the odds, the legalities and all the ridiculous points people seem to want to make about the scheme BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA!! I appreciate some people don't think it is, but I don't feel the need to insult them for not doing so, as some people are keen to insult those who do.

I think this thread is just getting ridiculous now. I don't have any interest in the company or any related to them but just wanted to draw people's attention to something which I personally thought was a good idea and wanted to share with others. Obviously for it to work, it needs publicity and people talking about it. I've no idea if all 3600 tickets will go but I am still going to take the chance. I fully understand the odds, the legalities and all the ridiculous points people seem to want to make about the scheme BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA!! I appreciate some people don't think it is, but I don't feel the need to insult them for not doing so, as some people are keen to insult those who do.
It is ridiculous but it is interesting to see, once again, how bitter and resentful some people can be for no obvious reason.

the prize might be worth £90,000 but no one will buy it as the market is dead for flats,

You seem very foolish indeed if you are trying to convince others that this is an excuse not to enter. Properties are not like cars, the trend is for them to appreciate over time even given the odd blip or recession like we are experiencing now. I'm sure if the developer were to give you the flat for free you would snap his right hand off, whether you may be able to sell it in the current climate or not. All he is asking is that people pay £50 for the chance of winning an asset that could very well change someones life.

You seem very foolish indeed if you are trying to convince others that this is an excuse not to enter. Properties are not like cars, the trend is for them to appreciate over time given the odd blip or two like we are experiencing now. I'm sure if the developer were to give you the flat for free you would snap his right hand off, whether you may be able to sell it in the current climate or not. All he is asking is that you pay £50 for the chance of winning an asset that could very well change someones life.

if the developer offer me £90,000 or the flat i take the cash and buy a house that will be a 10 times better investment then a flat. please use your head, you are winning something you dont really want and have no choice, the odds are crap as the charity and commission is so high , how anyone with a brain or gcse maths will buy a ticket is beyond belive

Archived