£50 for an apartment!

em1977

Cool, I've got a 1 in 31 chance of winning and could gain £1,112.50 after taking off my original 50 squid (if my sums are right) :)

Actually, you have a 1 in 31 chance of making £957.50.

Which you could have got for £32.50 each if you'd just got you and 30 mates together and drawn lots. Still, as long as you're happy.

I've read all the posts with interest and thought I'd better comment - I work for the Children's Hospital Charity and am a bit concerned by the suggestions this is a scam or anything less than completely above board.

The trust that the public hold in us is of utmost importance and we would never willingly enter into any kind of agreement with a business or individual whose intentions were less than honourable

This scheme to win a flat has been discussed in great detail and there is a comprehensive contract in place between the Charity and the promoter.

As for the ethics of the competition? People are being given the opportunity to win a great flat for a £50 entry fee. This is a gamble as obviously only one of the 3600 tickets will win. If people are not happy with the odds or do not want to win the flat then they are under no obligation to take part. I'd like to wish the very best of luck to those that do have a go.

If all 3600 tickets sell then the Charity will receive £20,000 which is a significant amount and we are grateful for this support. Any money that this scheme makes for the Charity is a gift to the Hospital that we would not have otherwise received. I can assure you there is no wool being pulled over anybody's eyes as all the numbers have been laid out from the start.

If anybody would like to discuss this scheme with a member of the Charity team please feel free to call the office on 2717203.

The Scam i think people are referring is they can`t sell these flats, not even for a lot less money than the £120g but they are still taking £120g out of the pot not to mention the people who are going to get £40g for setting this up, is that how much it cost to arrange something like this, but having said that i think most people on here couldn't`t care less they are expressing there opinion and that is what this forum is for

The Scam i think people are referring is they can`t sell these flats, not even for a lot less money than the £120g but they are still taking £120g out of the pot not to mention the people who are going to get £40g for setting this up, is that how much it cost to arrange something like this, but having said that i think most people on here couldn't`t care less they are expressing there opinion and that is what this forum is for

no point trying, some people are too stupid to understand

Yes.

If the competition was donating 50K to the charity (flat is worth 90K not 120K, so extra 30K takes pot to 50K). Or if they kept donation to 20K and reduced ticket price accordingly.

It's like claiming expenses. The flat is an expense that they are giving away and need to claim for. You can't over claim an expense. It's like when people used to be burgled and claim for their items - a £10 casio watch turned into a £120 super duper divers watch.

Unfortunately in today's market everyone is fearing for their jobs - charity workers and property industry workers - so any money into any pot at the moment seems to be welcomed - not matter how it got there.

Archived