£50 for an apartment!

em1977

What do done is great, But for him to be conning innocent people £50 is wrong. The odds are wrong, the profit he made from raffle is too much

Where are they conning innocent people? Anyone idiot can work out the finances involved (as you have clearly shown) so I don't see what your problem is. People can easily spend £50 on a meal for two, this offering the chance of owning a flat outright for the huge sacrifice of maybe not going out one night when you would have. It is also generating cheap advertising for the other flats that are for sale. They are not hiding anything, if you don't want a ticket fair enough but they are certainly not conning anyone, it's not like they are going to do such a promotion for free is it, everyone needs to get paid, maybe your just jealous that you did not come up with the idea.

There's an old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is".

It doesn't sound too good to be true it sounds like 50 quid for a slim chance of owning a badly finished flat bang next to spital hill. People know exactly what the deal is, it's upt them whether they play or not. I would.

Where are they conning innocent people? Anyone idiot can work out the finances involved (as you have clearly shown) so I don't see what your problem is. People can easily spend £50 on a meal for two, this offering the chance of owning a flat outright for the huge sacrifice of maybe not going out one night when you would have. It is also generating cheap advertising for the other flats that are for sale. They are not hiding anything, if you don't want a ticket fair enough but they are certainly not conning anyone, it's not like they are going to do such a promotion for free is it, everyone needs to get paid, maybe your just jealous that you did not come up with the idea.

WEll said neeeeeeeeeek.

You are someone who can see it from an objective view, obviously no issues at all, well balanced and content with your lot. Senisble post. :thumbsup: Ha Ha.

It doesn't sound too good to be true it sounds like 50 quid for a slim chance of owning a badly finished flat bang next to spital hill. People know exactly what the deal is, it's upt them whether they play or not. I would.

Ditto above Dave650 :thumbsup:

Assuming this raffle is being run honestly according to the promoters terms and conditions, and I'm sure it will be, it's a lot better odds than the national lottery

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/lottery/uklottery_odds.html

The odds against hitting the lotto jackpot are nearly 14 million to one against.

Odds against getting 5 numbers, typical prize £1500, 55,491 against.

If you buy 50 tickets that's 1109 to one against winning £1500.

Against 3 numbers, £10 prize, 57 to one against.

50 tickets give you a bit less than even chances of winning £10, and of course you don't get your stake back.

This flat has to be worth £40K at least if you put in an auction straightaway.

That's for odds of 3000 to one aganst.

They're still too long for me, but far better odds than the lottery.

next to Spital Hill a bit scare mongering isn't it

See this is the thing. I totally see where you are coming from, and under normal circumstances I would probably agree. However, I am extremely wary because I distinctively remember employees of this company being caught out blatantly lying about little details earlier on within this thread. If it is all above board, then why lie? Do you see what I mean

Archived