£50 for an apartment!

em1977

I have seen i lot of these competitions (both for cars + property), if you google around you will see that most don't sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the property. Great idea though

Hi All

Then one wonders why one does it then?

Not bad odds and would be a good prize. However.... if they couldn't shift it then you wouldn't be able to sell it easily (unless you sold it for a stupidly low amount and someone will benefit hugely from this) and you'll be landed with the council tax and bills until you do.

Not a huge drawback but it's certainly not as 'free' as they'd like you to think.

They should certainly announce how much the cash prize is and how much has been given to the Childrens Hospital.

I'd also like to know how much was collected altogether, but that's probably too much to expect.

• 9 months later...
Hang on a mo- doesn't that mean that they are pulling in £180,000 if they sell all of the tickets?

Are apartments worth that much? My 3 bedroomed house isn't worth that much!

Yes but is your house in a key location like the apartments are and is it by the riverside?

so all the people put money in, they take a big % for their profit, then donate small % to charity and the winner gets a small % of total, what a great way to run things think i have to start doing this as there are so many dumb people around

so all the people put money in, they take a big % for their profit, then donate small % to charity and the winner gets a small % of total, what a great way to run things think i have to start doing this as there are so many dumb people around

Seems like a good idea to me, I guess it's legal too. Maybe I will give it a try.

Archived