£50 for an apartment!

em1977

I've not read the terms, but I understand that if they don't sell the required number of tickets the draw will be for the amount of money collected, not the flat.

So if two tickets are sold you'll have a 50:50 chance of winning either £100 or nothing.

minus their commission of 25%

With house prices falling quick, and the price of city lifestyle apartments falling even quicker, this will mean that your £50 lottery ticket will only be worth £40 next month.

:)

According to Lucy18's post, it's not even worth £40 now.:huh:

Jeeze,

How to over anaylse things.

In short, it's a £50 gamble to win something worth an awful lot more. Regardless of the leasehold, colour of the carpet, height of the sofa. The prize is worth more than the punt.

You either win or lose, simple.

People gamble everyday, i don't see why this is so different. And the odds are way better than getting all 6 numbers on the lottery (a prize amount you don't even know until the winners are decided).

People seem to be panicking already that if only a few tickets are sold, then their prize won't be worth as much. Yes, that's IF you win. They could sell all 3600 tickets and you lose. That's the gamble. Oh, and you'd need to buy a ticket in the first place.

It's a gamble -why are they muppets? The odds aren't too bad considering the potential return and the relatively insignificant cost of entry. As I ahve explained earlier, you are paying about £17 over the price at which you might as well enter as not enter - but for that £17 you get hope, excitement - and a fairly decent possibility of a valuable return.

But this is for something you didnt really want, and prices will be even lower in july as flats are not selling, how can it be a good gamble if minimum 25% of your money is already lost before you begin, if you want good odds try poker.Even red/black on roulette is better odds at -3%

But this is for something you didnt really want, and prices will be even lower in july as flats are not selling, how can it be a good gamble if minimum 25% of your money is already lost before you begin, if you want good odds try poker.Even red/black on roulette is better odds at -3%

No money is lost before you begin, unless not all the tickets are sold, and I don't think there is any danger of that.

I've explained the odds earlier and can't be bothered doing so again - suffice it to say that for a lot of people this will be a gamble they will consider worth taking, and there are good economic reasons why that is so - principally the low cost of entry in relation to the prize.

prices will be even lower in july as flats are not selling,

Lower than £50?

So flat prices in Sheffield are going to be lower than £50 in July, ie the price the winner would have paid for the flat?

I don't think I'll bother gambling then and just buy myself a handful in July.

Might even get a couple of houses too, they'll probably be about £75??

I think in these hard times, in particular the building/construction industry, its fair play for effort. He has certainly generated publicity, if nothing else.

If you dont agree in principle, then dont buy a ticket, (it is optional). Simple. If your fair game and like a gamble why not. Everyone is all too quick to judge motives, business is business, most of us are in business to make a profit.....shock horror.

I Cant dis anybody personally, who will help out Children's Hospital, with or without ulterior motives.

Archived