Any one remember The filming of the Full Monty?

RatGirl85

I was an extra in the film,it was in the shiregreen club when they did the strip scene,they were there for 2 days i went for just 1 and got paid £40 for the day.

A few years ago my daughter and I were visiting Sheffield, we went in the Shiregreen Club having been told of it's connection to 'The Full Monty,' We went on the stage (from that famous last scene) and saw evidence of the remains of the glitter and decoration that was still taped to the wall from that movie, note also, this was many years after the event. It seemed everybody you talked to knew somebody or other who had been an 'extra' in the film.

Although the club used for the strip scene was Shiregreen w.m.c. The exterior shots for the club frontage were done at a carpet warehouse at the bottom of Idsworth Road, just below Firth Park W.M.C. A few days before the filming, signs were placed above the doors saying Milwood or Milford W.M.C. (I can't remember the name now). People living around the area thought a new club was being opened because this place used to be the old Cue Ball snooker club ( and many years previous it was the Roxy cinema).

• 6 months later...

That William Snape was a right stuck up Cnut.

He came along to a youth group I was at and tried to make trouble with the whole "do you know who I am?"

That soon changed to "YOU CAN'T HIT HIM, HE'S FAMOUS" from his groupies.

Thwack. Less trouble at said youth club,

Archived