Is Thorpe Hesley Woods Haunted?

Wondering if anybody has ever heard stories or had any sightings of ghosts or even strange occurences in Thorpe Hesley Woods.

I went in a few weeks back with my partner, daughter and our dogs. All was fine whilst walking around the woods it was really quiet and not a soul about anywhere. However on the way back up to the car my daughter turned round and said goodbye to somebody. I asked her who she was talking to and bearing in mind she's only 20 months old she said Man in Woods and again turned round looking straight toward the woods waved and shouted bye bye man!!??

As soon as we arrived home i mentioned it to my dad who said thorpe hesley has been haunted for years, and infact there used to be an old drift mine in the woods as well as a cottage named 'Nags Cottage'

Yes i know there is alot of you out there that are probably sceptic and dont belive in these things so im expecting sarcasm and jokes. But i have to ask the question because it scared the s*** out of me.

• 3 years later...

Yeah.if you are talking about the traverlers wood then yes because i was with my dad same as u walking the dogs and i looked up and i saw a man but my dad couldt see a thing at all then the next day we went back out walking the dos and i saw the same man again then looked again and the gohst was gone x:o

Visit rotherham paranormal and click on rotherham sightings the only bridge i can think of is the motorway bridge hesley wood was spilt into two when the motorway was built in the 1960's but. I dont know if there is some sort of bridge on the rotherham side thqnka

Archived