Can we move to America?

My brother is backwards and forwards from the states all the time now. His friend lives in new york (my brother hates it) At Christmas he decided he was going to make the move for 3 months to the Bristol area, which he loves. He came back after 3 weeks! He hasn't said much, but I guess real life isn't like a holiday.

• 2 years later...
John, are you stalking Claire's years old threads and bumping them on purpose? :hihi:

I know??????? Weirdo!

:D

I was looking for an (apparently deleted) thread posted by Louise38 and mistook Claire28 for him/her.

When I saw the 'I have a degree in French' bit I got confused as Louise38 seems very young and tends to post in 'txt speak', so had a look at some of 'her' past threads and thought it was funny that she had started over 50 threads as she has been on here just week or so.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :roll:

John X

I was born in South Africa of Zimbabwean parents and raised in Hong Kong. I came to the UK as a student on a British Dependent Territories Citizen's passport which expired a few years ago. When I applied for UK citizenship it wasn't granted and so I applied for Canadian citizenship which was granted after 3 months.

I'm not sure if the USA has much stricter imigration policies than Canada, but the application was judged on a points system. Basically if you are likely to bring something to the country that they want then you are likely to be accepted. Obviously the same couldn't be said for the UK.

and remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

And remember, in between New York and San Francisco with a few notable exceptions such as Austin, Portland, New Orleans and Colorado Springs, there is nothing but a dull monoculture! :o

John X

Archived