Curry Canteen Jo Davison Review @ Star

shaggy123

Called in today myself.

I liked it. The rice is lovely and the curries, while not the best I've ever had, are very nice. They could be a bit spicier, but they are fine as they are.

For £3.50, you can't go wrong and I'll certainly be popping back.

Called in today myself.

I liked it. The rice is lovely and the curries, while not the best I've ever had, are very nice. They could be a bit spicier, but they are fine as they are.

For £3.50, you can't go wrong and I'll certainly be popping back.

HI Singo,

thankyou for your kind comments....the observation about the curries not being spicy enough is one which has been made before....and the main reason for us not simply increasing the spice quantities is that , we are very conscious of it being a 'lunch' time curry with people having to return back to work for the rest of the afternoon,and not a full blown evening curry with a few drinks.

However due to yours and others comments it may be an idea to have 1 curry which is spicier as an option for those who....well have a more experienced palate...no matter what time of day it is !We have allready started to make a hot chili sauce for those who like things a little hotter!

As you can imagine with all the different strenghs of curries available to make a generic curry to satisfy all tastes is well nigh impossible.

Our aim is to be a quality meal for £ 3.50 so all criticisms are welcomed and appreaciated....if you dont tell us... we cant fix it !

HI Singo,

thankyou for your kind comments....the observation about the curries not being spicy enough is one which has been made before....and the main reason for us not simply increasing the spice quantities is that , we are very conscious of it being a 'lunch' time curry with people having to return back to work for the rest of the afternoon,and not a full blown evening curry with a few drinks.

However due to yours and others comments it may be an idea to have 1 curry which is spicier as an option for those who....well have a more experienced palate...no matter what time of day it is !We have allready started to make a hot chili sauce for those who like things a little hotter!

As you can imagine with all the different strenghs of curries available to make a generic curry to satisfy all tastes is well nigh impossible.

Our aim is to be a quality meal for £ 3.50 so all criticisms are welcomed and appreaciated....if you dont tell us... we cant fix it !

What about just offering a spicy chilli tadka for people to stir in if they want to up the heat?

• 1 year later...

Archived