Looking for an old school friend who went to maltby st school in the 60s

linnet52

i am looking for an old friend who attended maltby street school in the 60s her name then was Christine Hayes,does anyone know her? I lived on Clay street and Christine lived close but i cant remember which road she lived on. I would also like to hear from anyone else who went to maltby street school. I remember Yvonne Fish,Ruth Stott, Jean Horner, Peter Rodgers, Diane Senior, Andrew Clayton,Patrick Dalton, Caroline Sontagg and Inga Malia. The Head master i think was Mr Wild and there was Mrs Marriot and Mrs Worrall but i cant really remember any others. Can anyone jog my memory?. I was at maltby street from probably 1961/2 to 1967 and i was Lynda mitchell then. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who lived on clay street i remember the James family and the meynells and the Gilbeys i moved from attercliffe around 1970.

• 2 weeks later...

HiLynda iwas at maltby st at same time as you but unfortunately cant remember your name ,although im sure to have known you at the time.im Ian Johnson &i lived on norman st at newhall rd end.i was in same class as yvonne,ruth,&jean along with keith hall,alan parkin,gary browse,cheryl fawcett along with quite a few more i rememberbut too many to list i talked to jean meynell &lynn towers a couple of years ago at a school reunion & also remember paul & pauline james .diane & patrick were in year above me im sure.any way hope this helps

Hiya Lynda, I was at Maltby St same time as you ( left 68 ) sorry can't place you :sad: I'm still in touch with Jean Meynell & Yvonne Fish. Remember the folk you mentioned & have managed to contact loads of the old crowd when I've been organising reunions for Maltby Street. However can't remember Christine Hayes, sure you'll get some feedback thro this appeal, if not I had loadsa success from appealing in Sheffield Star contact column on a Sat. Welcome to the forum (that goes for you too Mr Johnson, how ya doin) :wave:

Hi Ian.unfortunately dont remember you either but i remember most of the other names you mention.i remember reading in the star a few years ago about the school reunion though. i was in the same class as ruth stott and yvonne fish and diane senior and ive just remembered harry barnes.do you remember him?

Hi Ian.unfortunately dont remember you either but i remember most of the other names you mention.i remember reading in the star a few years ago about the school reunion though. i was in the same class as ruth stott and yvonne fish and diane senior and ive just remembered harry barnes.do you remember him?

Diane Senior was workin at Sainsbury's at Meadowhall but obviously she's moved on. Harry Barnes, yeah know him well, he's a housemaster at a private school down south. Can't remember Ruth Stott. The Daltons lived 'over our wall' n have mates that keep in touch with Alan, Margaret n Les. Whereabouts on Clay St did ya live? I was born on Liverpool St n then moved to Swallow Street. Have you tried searchin for them on FriendsReunited?

hi again just been in contact with Harry ,1st time for 40 years ,i lived in same yard as him,just awaiting reply. Didnt Diane marry Gordon Hewitt ?hewitts had paper shop top of Norman st & i think Julie Senior married his brother Mark ,one of twins.im doin good Lyn did u get my message ??

hi again just been in contact with Harry ,1st time for 40 years ,i lived in same yard as him,just awaiting reply. Didnt Diane marry Gordon Hewitt ?hewitts had paper shop top of Norman st & i think Julie Senior married his brother Mark ,one of twins.im doin good Lyn did u get my message ??

Have you got Harrys e mail address Ian? I'm fine ta, will PM you, think you're right bout Diane n Gordon, where have the years gone eh :wink: