Looking for an old school friend who went to maltby st school in the 60s

linnet52

I have vague recollection of Paul James. Did he live across from the sunday school?, think he was older than me. Can't remember his sister. Can you all remember the guy who taught us all to swim at Attercliffe baths.Mettam ? i think. Used to slipper you with a plastic slipper.

Yes Harry. Paul and Pauline James lived opposite the sunday school 2 doors from me. Paul was in my brother Davids class and my brother David is 54 now so would they have been 2 classes up from us? If you didnt know Pauline Harry you were blessed she was an absolute monster and made my life and some others a misery.

Hall? lived on Walkland Rd (cul de sac off Brompton Rd) The Daltons lived o'er our wall, c'mon try n think of all the names ............ Margaret, June, Alan, Patrick, Doreen, Barry, think youngest was Lisa, mum was Renee (Irene) I know there's some missing, help me out .............. Paul n Elizabeth Yousef lived in same yard as Daltons, (Swallow St) Susan n Linda O'Connor lived in corner shop in our yard, as did Alan n Paul Burgin. Sandra n Dawn Pitt lived o'er our back wall (lived on Liverpool St). Jacqueline Johnson, June n John Marrison, all on Liverpool St. c'mon folks over to you .................

i think one of older boys was John &there was also Les Dalton ,Lyn, i think i remember Gibbos cousin Ian....did he come from Tinsley ??/

i think one of older boys was John &there was also Les Dalton ,Lyn, i think i remember Gibbos cousin Ian....did he come from Tinsley ??/

He did love, yeah. Went to Tinsley Primary n then Park House........... Gets the old grey matter goin eh :hihi:

I do remember Oldales from top o Leigh Street. Ann, Janet, Joanne & twins Robert & Richard. Can't remember Susan tho, where did she live?

Hey that's me!!!!! I am or used to be Ann Oldale!!! There's definitely no Susan though!!

I've only just found this - just spent ages looking at all the names. I know I'm 2 years younger than you Lynn cos we used to live next door to Jill Fisher my dad and her dad are still great friends.

Anybody remember Andrew Jenkinson, Tina Williams? I used to sit next to Tina in Miss Worrall's class.

Hey that's me!!!!! I am or used to be Ann Oldale!!! There's definitely no Susan though!!

I've only just found this - just spent ages looking at all the names. I know I'm 2 years younger than you Lynn cos we used to live next door to Jill Fisher my dad and her dad are still great friends.

Anybody remember Andrew Jenkinson, Tina Williams? I used to sit next to Tina in Miss Worrall's class.

Hiya Ann, fancy meetin you here :hihi: hope you're well? I'm still in touch wi Jill, see your Janet now n again, saw ya dad last year at Ecclesfield Primary Summer fete n had a chat with him. Yeah I remember Andrew Jenkinson (& Martin) off Clay Street. Seen Tina this mornin (she works in the office at my grandaughters school), she's fine. Lovely to hear from ya x

It was really weird when I started reading this thread and someone asking for Susan Oldale, then you piping up and saying you knew our gang!!!!

Are you still living in Ecclesfield then? Janet and Joanne live there (I suppose you know that), I live in Mosborough now - Richard lives nearby in Swallownest and Robert lives in Wincobank - so we are quite spread out now.