Looking for an old school friend who went to maltby st school in the 60s

linnet52

Hi again Ian i lived in the same yard as jean she lived 2 doors away from me.I seem to recall that Jean may have been in the army for a couple of years.

Hi yeah Jean was a chef in the army, she's now living in Seacroft in Leeds .............

Hi lynblu.dont know your name,do you remember the teacher Mr Glenn,he was quite modern in his teaching methods i remember and some of the older teachers such as Mrs Worral and Mrs Marriot were not very taken with him or his modern approach.Do you remember Jean Meynells other sisters lynne and susan?.

Hi lynblu.dont know your name,do you remember the teacher Mr Glenn,he was quite modern in his teaching methods i remember and some of the older teachers such as Mrs Worral and Mrs Marriot were not very taken with him or his modern approach.Do you remember Jean Meynells other sisters lynne and susan?.

I can't remember Mr Glenn but certainly remember Miss Marriott & Miss Worrall. Was in Miss Worralls class, in Tudor group (green). can you remember Jeans mum making toffee apples in her kitchen n all kids queuing up :) yeah I remember Jeans sisters ........

Yes i can remember jeans mum doing that,and i remember you as well now.just wondered do you remember susan oldale?

I do remember Oldales from top o Leigh Street. Ann, Janet, Joanne & twins Robert & Richard. Can't remember Susan tho, where did she live?

Hi Ian.unfortunately dont remember you either but i remember most of the other names you mention.i remember reading in the star a few years ago about the school reunion though. i was in the same class as ruth stott and yvonne fish and diane senior and ive just remembered harry barnes.do you remember him?

Hiya Lydna, This is Harry, just caught your message on this thread. Ian Johnson and I have just found each other after 40 years, amazing. Lots of memories of Maltby Street, kids and staff who went there. Do you remember David Allen (big kid with blond hair) and his mate Keith Parkinson. Yvone Fish I met at a Matby Street reunion some years ago along with Steve Howe and David Malia (think his sister Inga became a teacher). I can recall most of the names that you mentioned. What memoreis do you have of those days?

not sure where she lived. i was just thinkin lyn i was in the same class as patrick dalton i wonder if maybe you were not in my class its easy to get a bit confused after all these years, harry barnes was in my class i know that and so was yvonne fish i think anyway.i was really shy at school though and must admit i had quite a crush on harry.

not sure where she lived. i was just thinkin lyn i was in the same class as patrick dalton i wonder if maybe you were not in my class its easy to get a bit confused after all these years, harry barnes was in my class i know that and so was yvonne fish i think anyway.i was really shy at school though and must admit i had quite a crush on harry.

:love: he he cue Harry :D if you were in Harry & Yvonnes year Lynda, they were year above me. Jean was in our class .................