Looking for an old school friend who went to maltby st school in the 60s

linnet52

Hi Harry.I remember David Malia and Inga was my friend but i dont remember Ian Johnson. Yvonne was one of my best friends. I heard that the school as been demolished now which is sad i think.Nice to chat to you after all these years.

Still in touch with Yvonne, will PM you Lynda ................

Hi Lynne, I think it's great to hear from long lost schoolfriends. I recall Peter Rgers and I were in a schoo play together at Park House. Do you recall the dancing we were made to do with Mr Wild. Who was the boy with the Lisp and runy nose ahh Tony Peters now I remember. Who else was in our class?

Harry

Hiya Harry, hope ya keepin well? I'm fine & agree it's great to reminisce :) this forum can be quite addictive, especially threads like this, thanks Lynda, we'll have you in contact with Christine in no time! Von is ringing me one evenin this week so will tell her you've been askin bout her ..............

Hi Harry i do remember Tony Peters and yes he had a constant runny nose,and i do remember the dancing especially the dashing white sergeant and to my horror my partner always seemed to be Peter Rodgers or Tony Peters.

Dear Lynne, after sleeping on it I now remember others in our class, Jean Hobson, Sharon Peaker, Andrea Milnes, for the girls as well as a Patrick?Dalton, Mick Downes (he may have been at Park House). Do you remember these and others?

Harry

I was at Maltby St a bit before this, in fact I left in 1957 and went straight into a job. Wrote a letter to C&A's in an English lesson and started a week after leaving.

I don't recall any of the names so far mentioned but you were all perhaps in the infants when I was in the seniors :) It's just nice to read about other people that went to the old school because sometimes I wonder if it was only me. There doesn't seem to be much mention of it and nothing seems to change on the Friends Re-united site either.

I saw the photos of when it was pulled down though.... that was sad.

Sorry for poking my nose in but just wanted to mention it:thumbsup: although it doesn't help the op in the slightest...oops sorry again.

Edited by Joanl

Hi Joan. you are very welcome.can you remember any of the teachers that were at maltby street when you were there?

Thanks for that.:thumbsup: and yes, lets see, Mr. Thompson was the head, then there was Mr. Beech, Miss Worral, Miss Rutherford, Mrs Turner, Mrs Slater (cookery) and that's about all I can recall at the moment....

I remember it was Mr Dunkley that was head when I first went, but I can't remember when he left and Mr. Thompson took over.

Hi Joan yes i remember Miss Worral very well.the Headmaster when i was there was Mr Wilde,this is really great i am quite excited and so pleased to find school friends from so long ago and indeed ex pupils like yourself who was at maltby street in the fifties. I

had a look on the friends reunited site but nothing much came up. I came on originaly to find a friend in particular who went to maltby street and lived near me,i just really want to know how she is now as i know she wasnt well when i knew her. But i have already found 2 old school friends.