Looking for an old school friend who went to maltby st school in the 60s

linnet52

Hi Lyn. My grandad lived on Liverpool Street. I was thinking my brother Paul was in the class below me so he would have been in your class. Do you remember Gillian and Andrew Clayton i never really lost touch with them because from attercliffe they went to live on the Manor and my family moved there too,ive moved from there now but they still live there.

Hi again Harry. Do you remember Caroline sontagg the german girl? lots of names keep coming to mind but not sure whether or not they were in our class. I thought Ruth Stott was in our class but im not sure, Does Carol Broughton ring a bell? Do you remember Mr Glenn?

Hi Lyn. My grandad lived on Liverpool Street. I was thinking my brother Paul was in the class below me so he would have been in your class. Do you remember Gillian and Andrew Clayton i never really lost touch with them because from attercliffe they went to live on the Manor and my family moved there too,ive moved from there now but they still live there.
Hiya Lynda, we lived at 77 Liverpool Street (with my paternal grandparents), we then moved to Swallow Street. My nan n grandad exchanged houses with Nellie n Walt Marrison at 69 Liverpool St (caretakers house for William Wilds, Brassfounders). The names you mentioned (Clayton) sounds really familiar.

eigh up lyn i c Harry's found the thread ,great stuff,still cant remember Lynda or any of her brothers though,strange that .Dave "bomber" Allen took me to the match for the first time ,up the Blades .i used to see him quite often at manor top but not for a few years now.was Alan Burgin in your class or Robert Burgin no relation i think ?? Harry?wat about Keith Hall's sister Tina?youre right about sat. nights on cliffe Lyn deffo gone downhill .

eigh up lyn i c Harry's found the thread ,great stuff,still cant remember Lynda or any of her brothers though,strange that .Dave "bomber" Allen took me to the match for the first time ,up the Blades .i used to see him quite often at manor top but not for a few years now.was Alan Burgin in your class or Robert Burgin no relation i think ?? Harry?wat about Keith Hall's sister Tina?youre right about sat. nights on cliffe Lyn deffo gone downhill .

Hiya Ian, Tina (Keiths sister is on FaceBook), get yassen on there :) I agree, this is all good stuff, well done Lynda, ya've started a great thread here. There was an Alan Burgin lived in our yard on Swallow Street, brother Paul. There was another Alan Burgin (no relation), sister Marie, sister Jean, lived up your area somewhere. Gawd I dunno, had a sleep since then :P speakin of which ..........feelin sleepy, it's ok tho cos Snow White wont be back for ages n sleepy seems to be enjoyin it :hihi:

Nowthen lads and lasses, I knew the Burgins. Alan was my age Paul was 2 year older. Thought I met them at Park House. There was a group of other Burgins with older sister who worked in the chippie, Jean Burgin,a year older than me and Julie Burgin, I think a year younger. Tina Hall was a year older, had a car accident when she was younger. Keith was a great lad, used to play with him a lot. Wasn't there a lad up Leigh street called Roger Smith in my year. Used to ahng about with Pat Dalton, used to eb around 10 of them all together. Remember the iconic places where we used to hang. Corner of Clay Steet at the juction, the graveyard of course, the adelpi and the Pav on saturday mornings watching teh Zorro films. I bet Ian remembers shinning over the pole under the aquaduct to get to the cut. Howie and I used to build rafts and 'sail' downto steel works. Those wert days!!!

What about whitsuntide when we we dressed up with new clobber from Banners or Burgins?. I used to have to walk up cliffe to my grandmas on parade, she lived near the sand reck off Darnall Road. Any more memories??

Hi Lyn and Harry. I remember the parades at whitsuntide walkin up the cliffe and my brother paul tripped and fell with his face in a pile of horse muck. Does anyone remember the Colemans? they were a big family too. I remember Robert Beck and think he had a brother. Im not too surprised that you dont remember me as i was quite shy in those days but surprised no one can remember any of my 4 brothers though. Does anyone remember Linda Carrier? she was in our class Harry.

Robert Beck, how can I forget, lived on next street to me 'Ebury Street'. Robert had an older brother who was Down's syndrome, I think. I used to knock about with another boy on Ebury Street,year older but can't think of his name yet, It'll come.

Come on more names.