The Crown Inn, Totley - A Proper Pub!

groovyglitz

Yesterday I called at the Moorlands which is just up the hill from the Crown. They now have hanpulled ale available at £1.69/pint.

I wouldn't go in the Moorlands if it was free! Ghastly place. It amazes me where they get the low rent clientele from ... somebody throws a net over Netto and hauls them in.

Pretty sure the top went some time ago, the bar is more or less as it was but finished off better. The makeover has been done well because the character of the pub has not changed but there were things that needed sorting. A good excuse to try it !!

Called in the Crown at Totley on Saturday night for a drink. Really nice, welcoming pub with a good clientele. Prices not out of the way either. Not sure about allowing dogs in the pub during food service though?

Called in the Crown at Totley on Saturday night for a drink. Really nice, welcoming pub with a good clientele. Prices not out of the way either. Not sure about allowing dogs in the pub during food service though?

have the reduced the prices since the previous owner? they used to be sky high!, all about the big tree for me anyway big boozer all lads giving it big un footy beer women class

What's your beef about allowing well-behaved dogs into a pub? So long as they stay on the floor there is no issue. The Crown has ALWAYS adopted a dog friendly policy, it's part of the tradition of being a local where you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere. My problem is with pubs that DON'T allow dogs, but that's their prerogotive, in my opinion this is another H&S gone mad attitude (so far as I am aware there is no legislation that puts a blanket ban on dogs in public places).

Archived