Pubs Closing Down

romeo one

Here, have a giggle at this garbage:

"Your Way Inn...To your own pub business.

Looking to run your own pub?

* Create your own business

* Competitive, low cost entry

* Flexible tenancies and leases

* Your choice of 1 - 20 year term

* Target discount incentives available

* Award-winning training

* Full market support

* Professional advice and assistance."

And the name on the bottom of the beer mat advertising this endless list of lies to entice the gullible, starry-eyed fool into parting with their life savings and livelihood?

Why, none other than pub- (and life-) wreckers Enterprise Inns.

Obviously the continuous taxation on the Industry is harming it however, the PropCos huge rentals, beer charges through the ties and other disgraceful charges are killing the Industry with greater force.

Im sure we would have lost several thousand pubs through natural causes, one of the main ones being people habits changing.

However, losing the village pub is closing down the community focal points and i somehow cannot see these replaced in the following generations.

For more info see http://apps.facebook.com/causes/74309?m=6987e7df&recruiter_id=43930981

or http://www.fairpint.org.uk

There's a few pub campaigns that the Campaign for Real Ale should soon be starting based on a couple of principles

- We should be encouraging people to drink alcohol in pubs rather than at home, as it's a regulated, controlled environment and also applies a social context. Also traditional British Real Ale is only available at it's best in the pub. To acheive this something needs to be done to reverse the widening difference in price between pubs and supermarkets. Supermarkets need to be subject to minimum pricing to stop them using alcohol as loss leaders, and pubs need to be taxed less.

- Local pubs should be recognised as important community amenities rather than simply another commercial business. They often host sports and/or games teams, provide meeting space for voluntary groups and hold charity fundraisers. In rural areas they may be the only place for locals to meet up and have food & drink. Therefore such pubs ought to be helped with support such as tax relief and also be protected more from change of use planning applications.

Shiny Shef's up for let again as is the bulls head in fulwood.

The Shiny Sheff is open, albeit with the To Lease signs still in situ.

Thus, it's open all day, seven days a week and like most pubs, would welcome your business.

There's a few pub campaigns that the Campaign for Real Ale should soon be starting based on a couple of principles

- We should be encouraging people to drink alcohol in pubs rather than at home, as it's a regulated, controlled environment and also applies a social context. Also traditional British Real Ale is only available at it's best in the pub. To acheive this something needs to be done to reverse the widening difference in price between pubs and supermarkets. Supermarkets need to be subject to minimum pricing to stop them using alcohol as loss leaders, and pubs need to be taxed less.

I like a nice pint but I also like to smoke, to have the music I want playing in the background and not get pestered by rowdy drunken thugs, so I'd rather drink at home or at a mate's house than in a pub. Why do you think I should be forced to pay more just because pubs I have no interest in visiting are closing down?

Archived