Pubs Closing Down

romeo one

Im sure their tenants can expect a few price rises soon...:rant:

They put their beer up all the time and we have to absorb the price rises.....thats just the way it is......fortunately the rent is frozen until 2012, and by then, I doubt very much if Punch Taverns will exist, following the Government in depth probe into beer ties which is taking place right now.....

under strict European Law, a 'beer tie' is actually considered illegal, although opinions are divided about how this is actually derived at from the Euro legislation in place....

They put their beer up all the time and we have to absorb the price rises.....thats just the way it is......fortunately the rent is frozen until 2012, and by then, I doubt very much if Punch Taverns will exist, following the Government in depth probe into beer ties which is taking place right now.....

under strict European Law, a 'beer tie' is actually considered illegal, although opinions are divided about how this is actually derived at from the Euro legislation in place....

And there have been a lot of meetings about this recently.

This will be going to the commons, but with the recent disclosures about MP's I can see it getting rejected (thanks to back handers from the pubco's)

The sooner the pubco's get rid of all their estate stock, then the smaller pubs will have more of a fighting chance - and as you know, I have a lot of experience in this...

[quote=Ghostrider;5000291

The sooner the pubco's get rid of all their estate stock, then the smaller pubs will have more of a fighting chance

Punch are selling off at least another 2000, but many of them instead of being unloaded to smaller Pub Co's are being offered individually to the current tenants, which is better than just bulk selling to another Capitalist Militant Organization:thumbsup: And Punch being so fantastically deep in debt are letting some real bargains out too.....there are many stories floating about concerning pub full leases being sold for one penny, it seems to be starting a precedent...

Punch are selling off at least another 2000, but many of them instead of being unloaded to smaller Pub Co's are being offered individually to the current tenants, which is better than just bulk selling to another Capitalist Militant Organization:thumbsup: And Punch being so fantastically deep in debt are letting some real bargains out too.....there are many stories floating about concerning pub full leases being sold for one penny, it seems to be starting a precedent...
Yep, there was one in the star a while ago (which we talked about)but when you take into account fixture & fittings, stock etc, it makes a big difference.

If you could buy a pub for 1p, pay nothing for F&F and stock it from wherever you liked I would be in there like a shot - but it will never happen...

Yep, there was one in the star a while ago (which we talked about)but when you take into account fixture & fittings, stock etc, it makes a big difference.

If you could buy a pub for 1p, pay nothing for F&F and stock it from wherever you liked I would be in there like a shot - but it will never happen...

You never know if they get desperate enough!!!!

I wonder if there is a world record yet for the number of managers or tenants in one pub during one year.......a fast change of hands every month or so...I think the most changes I know of is one pub in Sheffield that had changed hands 4 times in one year!!

Archived