The Recession Megathread

The point is pretty obvious. People who are out of work now are looking for a job now, and not 3 months ago. As the figures date from before the job losses really got into gear they are history. Woolworths has closed as have numerous other companies and much of the motor industry is closed (The workers in the motor industry won't appear in the unemployment statistics).

Furthermore the recession has not peaked yet and predictions are for 3.3/3.4 million umemployed when it does.

Regarding comparison with the recession under the Tories; under the tories we didn't face a £4 trillion debt to pay off.

It is perhaps true that a few months ago there were more people in work than in 1997. It is rather obvious when the countries population is 6 million higher than it was in 1997.

Now if you would like to hand over to Titannic we can move on.

I don't see why you are getting so irritated, we both agree that we want to see unemployment low and employment high.

Do you concede then that we've never had it as good in this respect as we have over the last 11 years. I'm not talking about (yet) the economics of how we got there I'm just talking about the levels of employment over the last eleven years.

Of course you won't want the Tories back then as they really screwed up in that area.

I don't see why you are getting so irritated, we both agree that we want to see unemployment low and employment high.

Do you concede then that we've never had it as good in this respect as we have over the last 11 years. I'm not talking about (yet) the economics of how we got there I'm just talking about the levels of employment over the last eleven years.

Of course you won't want the Tories back then as they really screwed up in that area.

NO NO

I'm more interested in how alirosdan posted this

Point is please!

The figures show unemployment is getting worse, they also show that when taken that things were actually better than the same time last year.

Mind you, as we are both so concerned about the unemployed, perhaps you'll join me in hoping that we never get to the position we had under the Tories.

unquote

Then it mysteriously dissapeared to be replaced by thisposted by titannic

Point is please!

The figures show unemployment is getting worse, they also show that when taken that things were actually better than the same time last year.

Mind you, as we are both so concerned about the unemployed, perhaps you'll join me in hoping that we never get to the position we had under the Tories.

Could you explain please???

Yeh right....So where does alirosdan fit into this little saga?

Quite simple really, I think it isn't beyond your powers of deduction that we've bought a new laptop with the money we are saving on those reduced mortgage payments.

Unfortunately she had logged on to this one without me knowing.

Honest mistake, so what are you doing with your extra money.

Quite simple really, I think it isn't beyond your powers of deduction that we've bought a new laptop with the money we are saving on those reduced mortgage payments.

Unfortunately she had logged on to this one without me knowing.

Honest mistake, so what are you doing with your extra money.

Oh I see you have 2 Ids on your computer. I would have thought that you could afford 1 each with all those savings.

Oh I see you have 2 Ids on your computer. I would have thought that you could afford 1 each with all those savings.

If I've broken any rules then I'm sure I'll be told and I'll take the punishment handed out to me.

Anyway back to the topic, are you genuinely concerned about the unemployed ( as I am) as this doesn't strike me as Tory thinking or are you just trying to make political capital out of an area that the Tories have messed up big style previously.

If I've broken any rules then I'm sure I'll be told and I'll take the punishment handed out to me.

Anyway back to the topic, are you genuinely concerned about the unemployed ( as I am) as this doesn't strike me as Tory thinking or are you just trying to make political capital out of an area that the Tories have messed up big style previously.

What makes both of you think I'm a Tory. Which one of you two am I talking to at the moment by the way?

Archived