Does anyone remember the old sheffield and district billiards league ?

lakerman

I played in the league in the 1980's. Had some great night outs. I also met some real gentlemen who I was privileged to call friends over the years. Sadly, many of them have now passed on. I have a handicap list from the 1962/63 season. It lists many of the old players who I was fortunate to have played with or against. I played with Firth Park W.M.C. and Sheffield Lane W.M.C. I was also lucky enough to have won the Sheffield and District Billiards Tetley Pairs Comp on two occasions, and was losing finalist twice. I was only an average player, but I loved playing the really great players.

DOGSNECK +: Who was your grandad ? I'm sure I would have known him.

I played in the league in the 1980's. Had some great night outs. I also met some real gentlemen who I was privileged to call friends over the years. Sadly, many of them have now passed on. I have a handicap list from the 1962/63 season. It lists many of the old players who I was fortunate to have played with or against. I played with Firth Park W.M.C. and Sheffield Lane W.M.C. I was also lucky enough to have won the Sheffield and District Billiards Tetley Pairs Comp on two occasions, and was losing finalist twice. I was only an average player, but I loved playing the really great players.

DOGSNECK +: Who was your grandad ? I'm sure I would have known him.

get the book on the history of snooker in sheffield , from the crucible , the results go back to the last centuary for tournaments , all the past marshall cup winners are in . I used to play for the boundary [previously dormer club ]

the people I have named above they were all top sheffield players .

Archived