Growing up in Gleadless Valley

gvalley

Tony Slack lived on maisonettes next door to us. big family. lovely people. grew up with them all and have great memories of them. Amanda, his sister, is sooo funny. god she used to make me laugh. she used to go to the pub for sweets in her mums coat. so funny.

I remember the home and Cyril.. he was a right character, when he walked past we all used to burst into song singing nice one cyril, nice one son...... he used to laugh his head off and give us the thumbs up.

Hummingbird my name says who I am so if you recall a Sadie it's most probably me

If you mean Leighton view hostel or 671 gleadless road as it was later called , i worked there for 9 years til it closed in 1995 . Cyril was alovely character :)

yes it was mavis. she worked there for quite a while didnt she. we grew up with the goodens. fab family. mavis still lives near there. just near the shops. she used to live near the wyvern but moved a while ago. lovely lovely woman.

yes it was mavis. she worked there for quite a while didnt she. we grew up with the goodens. fab family. mavis still lives near there. just near the shops. she used to live near the wyvern but moved a while ago. lovely lovely woman.

Yes she worked there long before i started there. must have been for about 15 years and i totally agree with the last statement ,she was great to work with , never a bad word to say about anyone .

not sure its the same Keith Gooden. he is not like that at all. especially "threatening to smash all kids faces in". think its a different one. either way, not nice to slate someone so publicly on the forum. you have named someone and slated them. bit much that.

Archived