Growing up in Gleadless Valley

gvalley

I think i might know you,did you used to get down the tree via the bo**ock basher :gag: painfull but in a nice sort of way :D

yer ..n a few other ways.!remember sitting way at the top in the seats.if the kids nah days tried it they probably have some sort of law suit put on them.....cant do owt like we used to nah days can they..... SHAME.....

hi I grew up on the valley was born in 70.I lived on Middle Hay. My mum still does.I went to Bankwood j&i but went to Ashleigh after.I can remember all the famillies you're talking about so i probably know you too

HIYA.I lived on middle hay close,i,m a bit older than you..my mom n dad are still in the same house

You guy's should check out the other Gleadless Valley link on here.

I also lived in the maisonettes by the 'Wyvern' and the big tree.

Michael (Boyce) and Carol were, and still are, 2 of my oldest and best friends. Keith Gooden was also a friend as well as Mick Merril, David Clayton, the Moyses girls and the Gratton's etc.

Quite a few of us got together for a mini reunion last year in the Wyvern.

There was Michael and Carol, Janet and Clare Boyce, Toni Carnall, Laurie Moyses, Tony Slack, one of the Gibson girls, Dawn Watkinson and Sarah Malone to name a few.

Later

Chris

I have just got to know you!!!!!!!!!I LIVED ON MIDDLE HAY CLOSE!!

With a name like fiddz you must be one of the fiddlers, jeez my brain aches figurin that one out...lol. The only christian name I remember is Paul, think you were a year or two older than me. Think our parents knew each other or something from 'ye olde days' on the Wybourn possibly, unless I'm mixing you up with another family of Fiddlers. I remember Gordon Parkes (good goalie if I remember), Andy 'Binny' and Paul Cleary, Brian and Ali R.I.P. etc, etc.

Chris

woody,gorden parkes,paddy,cockeye,nick samson,tash,shaun and jonty,carl,mini,ali,marsden {two bob and a bun}:D, ring any bells :confused:

yer...knocked about wiv them all.playing footie on a sunday afternoon on the garages...for hours n hours....good times

Hi sarah...yer all well this end,dads not too well,but at 80 you,ve got to expect it.I,M A GRANDAD!!!!!!!!!.Sophia Rose.They say you,d kill for ya children,but you,d kill an army for ya grandchildren!!!!!!she is gorgeous!!

Archived