It's a knockout

blue11265

Can anyone remember the "it's a knockout" show coming to Norfolk Park in about 1970. I went down there to watch. I was only five years old at the time and remember there was a long delay. I waited for an age for things to commence but it got so late, i had to go home and missed all the fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I A K O was also hosted on the Arbourthorne playing fields just below the Vulcan pub further up the hill from Norfolk Park.As a kid I grew up on the flats and I remember watching the preparations with great interest.

I'd love to get hold of some old tape from those programmes on the fields.

Originally posted by bulldog D

I A K O was also hosted on the Arbourthorne playing fields just below the Vulcan pub further up the hill from Norfolk Park.A.

Yep I went down there too. I sat next the big rotating 'steel' ball that was advertising Sheffield. We did play Scunthorpe, and we lost. It was a great day for me though, I was 8, and it was like a bit of Hollywood coming to town.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived