Pizza Hut not delivering in West Street/West One area anymore?

rkb007

I've never managed to order a pizza delivery from pizza hut at my west one flat online, but I used to call the crookes hut and get a delivery without problems till now. I just called them today and they said they have stopped delivering to this west street area. :(

It is ridiculous, this is the main city area and they wont deliver here! None of the pizza huts deliver in this area. I find this quite strange, west one must have atleast 400 flats, isn't it just stupid of them to do this? Dominoes deliver but I don't like their stuff as much.... :rant:

Any idea why would they do this?

I've never managed to order a pizza delivery from pizza hut at my west one flat online, but I used to call the crookes hut and get a delivery without problems till now. I just called them today and they said they have stopped delivering to this west street area. :(

It is ridiculous, this is the main city area and they wont deliver here! None of the pizza huts deliver in this area. I find this quite strange, west one must have atleast 400 flats, isn't it just stupid of them to do this? Dominoes deliver but I don't like their stuff as much.... :rant:

Any idea why would they do this?

Probably as a lot of people order them as a joke, then pretend to be out when its delivered, or refuse to pay for it upon delivery....this happens a lot....

when I used to live in Walkley the guy across the road was unpopular with someone, as I remember take aways being delivered to his address all evening and night long every 20 minutes or so....someone had rung round all the take aways for miles round and ordered full meals, pizza, curry, u name it it got delivered.....he went bananas and the language was atrocious.....the poor delivery men had to put up with some real earfuls of abuse......

when I used to live in Walkley the guy across the road was unpopular with someone, as I remember take aways being delivered to his address all evening and night long every 20 minutes or so....someone had rung round all the take aways for miles round and ordered full meals, pizza, curry, u name it it got delivered.....he went bananas and the language was atrocious.....the poor delivery men had to put up with some real earfuls of abuse......

bloody hell, that is a scary story!

But I always paid for the pizza on phone by card, so that could not be the issue, I asked why they stopped delivering and she said a delivery bike got stolen few months ago and they have stopped delivering to this area since 6 months. I was surprised as I ordered several times in last weeks! To which she said they shouldn't have! I didn't want to argue but i wanted to say "they" you are them!

Probably as a lot of people order them as a joke, then pretend to be out when its delivered, or refuse to pay for it upon delivery....this happens a lot....

but this cant happen any more in town centre than anywhere else, i would have thought it was just part of the risk of running a takeaway. i can understand not delivering to a pub/club/bar, but a flat!? If its a repeat customer as well then the risk of it being a joke is surely small, i mean, why bugger up getting a takeaway from your favourite place. id love to know the reason behind it as its annoyed me in the past also, maybe you are right and it is all down to the risk being higher in town centre, the only other things i can think of is that its further to travel with the pizza, so the pizza's cold/takes longer to deliver/cost more in petrol.

I've had pizza delivered about twice in 2 years of living in this Flat, both times the delivery driver got lost trying to find the Flat, as my address doesn't come up on a Sat Nav with the Flats being brand new (well they were 2 years ago, and they still don't come up on Sat Nav to date), fortunately I walked to the end of the road as I was expecting him, and saw him to direct him to the Flat so I could take the pizza off him.

Archived